What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice and dewey....

I took a couple of photos this morning with a used camera I picked up on Ebay.  It does a pretty good job.  This plant was not labled, a few forum members ID'd it as D. nidiformis.  I'm still not sure, it just doesnt seem like the petioles are long enough to be D. nidiformis.

sundew1.jpg

sundew2.jpg

It dosen't look all that much like D. nidiformis to me. Plus in good light most "nidi's" take on more of a maroon colour. Also judging from the flower scape there's only one growth point there. Kinda bushy if thats the case.

But, yes, very nice dew
biggrin.gif

Hay, Hellz here,
maybe its a D. Anglica?
anywayz, nice dewy dew
biggrin.gif
im pretty sure most of the members if not all on this forums appreciate such mucilage on a plant ^^
Hellz

I don't want to claim expertise nor argue with the members of this forum who identified your plant as Drosera nidiformis, but there is a great deal about your plant which reminds me of my Drosera spatulata (form from Fraser Island).  The way the newest leaves are held semi-erect and their shape, for instance.  However, the tentacles on my D. spatulata are very bright red, but that could be due to differences in growing conditions.  

Your plant looks like it is flowering right now.  Perhaps you could post a photo of the entire bloom scape with flowers?  That may help with identification.  

Just my two cents,
Corey
smile.gif

That's just an old scape. It flowered about a month ago. The flowers were light pink.

Light pink you say? I think we're one step closer to D. spatulata.

Back