Informational! Informational!:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. capillaris x rotundifolia "evergrow"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pot is 4 inches diameter. I should probably include that information from now on.

-Homer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homer View Post
    I just wanted to share two pictures of my Drosera capillaris Pasco Giant, Pasco Co. FL x rotundifolia 'EverGrow'.

-Homer
    Beautiful! I created this hybrid many years ago. I call it D. x rotcap. Sadly, I gave the plant away and don't know anyone still growing the plant. Anyone out there seen it recently? I made another rotcap more recently using different parents, but the new one is not nearly as good

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Nice to see this cross brought into the forefront as I was unaware of its existence. 'Looks very nice, indeed. I hope you find someone who has it!
    - Mark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemax View Post
    'Nice to see this cross brought into the forefront as I was unaware of its existence. 'Looks very nice, indeed. I hope you find someone who has it!
    Thanks for your interest. Little more info: The hybrid does not exist in nature, although the parent speciesí ranges do overlap in a small area of Virginia. I donít think anyone else has made it. In my first and most successful attempt I used capillaris as the seed making parent. Maybe thatís the difference.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenSnyder View Post
    Beautiful! I created this hybrid many years ago. I call it D. x rotcap. Sadly, I gave the plant away and don't know anyone still growing the plant. Anyone out there seen it recently? I made another rotcap more recently using different parents, but the new one is not nearly as good
    I had one from Peter D'amato about 12 years ago. Unfortunately it fried on my windowsill on hot Dog's Day Afternoon and I never got around to replacing it while he still had them listed. Someone in the BACPS is probably still growing it.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    I had one from Peter D'amato about 12 years ago. Unfortunately it fried on my windowsill on hot Dog's Day Afternoon and I never got around to replacing it while he still had them listed. Someone in the BACPS is probably still growing it.
    Thanks, great tip.

A little more info: The second rotcap I made, the unsatisfactory one, I treated with the chemical Colchicine. This created a perfectly fertile plant of the previously sterile hybrid. I wish I could get that first back to Colchicine treat. And, I would be delighted to see others re-make rotcap too.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankenSnyder View Post
    Thanks, great tip.

A little more info: The second rotcap I made, the unsatisfactory one, I treated with the chemical Colchicine. This created a perfectly fertile plant of the previously sterile hybrid. I wish I could get that first back to Colchicine treat. And, I would be delighted to see others re-make rotcap too.
    Good luck tracking down a plant. This was one of my favorites.

Here's a shot from 2006 before it fried the next year:
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12