What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capillaris x rotundifolia "evergrow"

I just wanted to share two pictures of my Drosera capillaris Pasco Giant, Pasco Co. FL x rotundifolia 'EverGrow'.

capillarisxrotundifolia.jpg

capillarisxrotundifolia1.jpg

-Homer

Why thank you. I love the symmetrical look it displays.

-Homer

Lovely rosettes. Great color too!

Wow! Those are georgeous plants!

Superb Homer,
You grow them so well. I really like how they look and appreciate looking at photos of such well grown plants.

Those are dazzling photos of beautiful plants.   I really like the semi-erect nature of the foliage of this hybrid.  

Corey

Very nice!! What size pot is that in, just to give me an idea of the size of that plant. Again, beautiful plant.

The pot is 4 inches diameter. I should probably include that information from now on.

-Homer

I just wanted to share two pictures of my Drosera capillaris Pasco Giant, Pasco Co. FL x rotundifolia 'EverGrow'.

capillarisxrotundifolia.jpg

capillarisxrotundifolia1.jpg

-Homer

Beautiful! I created this hybrid many years ago. I call it D. x rotcap. Sadly, I gave the plant away and don't know anyone still growing the plant. Anyone out there seen it recently? I made another rotcap more recently using different parents, but the new one is not nearly as good:(

'Nice to see this cross brought into the forefront as I was unaware of its existence. 'Looks very nice, indeed. I hope you find someone who has it!

'Nice to see this cross brought into the forefront as I was unaware of its existence. 'Looks very nice, indeed. I hope you find someone who has it!

Thanks for your interest. Little more info: The hybrid does not exist in nature, although the parent species’ ranges do overlap in a small area of Virginia. I don’t think anyone else has made it. In my first and most successful attempt I used capillaris as the seed making parent. Maybe that’s the difference.

Beautiful! I created this hybrid many years ago. I call it D. x rotcap. Sadly, I gave the plant away and don't know anyone still growing the plant. Anyone out there seen it recently? I made another rotcap more recently using different parents, but the new one is not nearly as good:(

I had one from Peter D'amato about 12 years ago. Unfortunately it fried on my windowsill on hot Dog's Day Afternoon and I never got around to replacing it while he still had them listed. Someone in the BACPS is probably still growing it.

I had one from Peter D'amato about 12 years ago. Unfortunately it fried on my windowsill on hot Dog's Day Afternoon and I never got around to replacing it while he still had them listed. Someone in the BACPS is probably still growing it.

Thanks, great tip.

A little more info: The second rotcap I made, the unsatisfactory one, I treated with the chemical Colchicine. This created a perfectly fertile plant of the previously sterile hybrid. I wish I could get that first back to Colchicine treat. And, I would be delighted to see others re-make rotcap too.

Thanks, great tip.

A little more info: The second rotcap I made, the unsatisfactory one, I treated with the chemical Colchicine. This created a perfectly fertile plant of the previously sterile hybrid. I wish I could get that first back to Colchicine treat. And, I would be delighted to see others re-make rotcap too.

Good luck tracking down a plant. This was one of my favorites.

Here's a shot from 2006 before it fried the next year:
00640015.jpg

Back