What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rosette drosera

Here's some pictures I took today. Enjoy.

D. montana var. tomentosa

montanaapril05.jpg

D. capillaris

capillarisapril05.jpg

D. alicia<span style='color:red'>[Edit: don't forget the final "e", D. aliciae]</span>

aliciaapril05.jpg

-Homer

Beautiful plants! Where did you get the D. montana var. tomentosa? I love rosetted Drosera.
do you know what the utrics are that are in the pots with the Drosera? I have some utrics that were hitchhikers in a couple of my pots that look just like that.

Thanks Ron. The Utrics with the D. montana are U. heterosepala. The D. alicia<span style='color:red'>[Edit: don't forget the final "e", D. aliciae]</span> pot contains U. uliginosa. The aren't hitchhikers in this case. I purposely group my Drosera with Utrics to cut down space
smile_m_32.gif

regards,

Homer

Oooooooh! Lovely plants. I especially like the montana<span style='color:red'>[Edit: don't forget that without the genus name, it is not a species name, D. montana var. tomentosa]</span>.

Hay, Hellz here,
nice plants man!!!
one of my favorite rossetted sundews would be D. Alicae<span style='color:red'>[Edit: don't forget that the second part of the species name is never capitalized, D. aliciae]</span>, they never get old 2 me
biggrin.gif

Hellz

Beautiful photos, Homer!  I especially like the Drosera capillaris and the D. aliciae.  Thanks for posting!
smile.gif

Corey

Great photos Homer. Is that D. aliciae from the seeds I sent you way back when?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is that D. aliciae from the seeds I sent you way back when?

Most likely, yes; although they might be from Forbes.
confused.gif

Thank you all for your comments.
smile.gif

-Homer

Love the montana<span style='color:red'>[Edit: don't forget that without the genus name, it is not a species name, D. montana var. tomentosa]</span>

I'll chime in with the rest and say nice looking D. montana var. tomentosa. You will have to point it out to me again sometime. The D. alicia's<span style='color:red'>[Edit: don't forget the final "e", and species names are already plural and singular as is, no need to change their spelling, D. aliciae]</span> also look very cool.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You will have to point it out to me again sometime.

Yeah, its hiding in the back of one of my Drosera trays. It's the only D. montana that I have.

Anyone know how to propogate D. montana? I suppose I could research this, but I'm a slacker at the moment.

-Homer

Nice plants Homer!
smile.gif

Homer,
Very nice job of cultivation. I personally get much enjoyment viewing other people's plants, even if it is just in photos. It is good to see that there are other plants of the same species as mine and sometimes species I don't have, out there somewhere.

Back