What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you guess what these are?

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
Can you guess what these are?
Mystery%20dews%20sm.jpg

Here's a link to a larger image of the this pic. It might spoil the mystery for you though:
Spoiler

If you've figured out what they are can you guess how they grew?

Hehe, Good guess. But can you guess how they grew?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ April 15 2005,10:44)]VeRRRRRRRY carefully.
<span style='color:green'>LOL. Close. That's how I collected them

I'll give a hint: They grew like a parasite.
cool.gif
</span>

Inside a Nepenthes, or maybe a Bromeliad?
confused.gif

or maybe on a tisss.... tilllsa- sand... awww don't wanna rouse Pinguiculaman, an Air Plant???

Did they grow like a parasite, or rather like an epiphyte?  I don't think Drosera are capable of growing as parasites.

I have no idea what that is
confused.gif

BTW BigCarnivourKid:How do I get that shade of green?

Same here, I'm guessing they grew on top of a plant...better yet, an animal! Maybe on top of the parent plant?

OR.....BCK did you find them growing in your hair?!?
biggrin.gif
Hehe...green dandruff...
smile_n_32.gif

still atached to the other plant, like how the gemmae are on top of a scorp before they come off, did it grow still in there?

<span style='color:blueviolet'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ April 16 2005,10:52)]still atached to the other plant, like how the gemmae are on top of a scorp before they come off, did it grow still in there?
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ April 16 2005,10:27)] Maybe on top of the parent plant?
Good guess guys
laugh.gif
. I discovered a couple of my plants looked crestate that I didn't recall being that way. On closer inspection, I discovered that the gemmae had sprouted while still attached to the plant and were also sending down roots. Here's a pic of them attached to the parent plant.
Scorpioides%20sprouts.jpg

These plants just blow my mind
smile_n_32.gif
! The attachment to the parent plant was quite solid. It took a little tug to remove them. They didn't just fall off.</span>

Cool. I have a couple doing that too. I have them in a tank so wind never disturbs the ones in the very center enough to fall off. Have some weird flowers on it too.

But anyway, my guess was "via hyroponics"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ April 16 2005,10:22)]I have no idea what that is
confused.gif

BTW BigCarnivourKid: How do I get that shade of green?
I've been messing with HTML color codes in my profile setup. I can't remember what the code for that green color was. This color is Forestgreen. I may keep it a while 'cause my middle name is Forrest
laugh.gif

Hydroponics!? I would love to have the room for that! It might be fun to experiment with growing my CPs that way!

darn, I REALLY want to have that colour as my writing. It looks sooo nice.

Back