What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera filiformis help!

Hay, Hellz here,
ughhh, a Filiformis<span style='color:red'>[Edit: hopefully you mean Drosera filiformis, please don't forget that species names have two parts and both parts must be used together.]</span> i got in a trade came in today, it was kinda in a small box, and when i opened it, to my horror...
The rhizome/bulb thing fell apart!!! each leaf is now a seperate entity, some are rootless T_T
what should i do? i just stuck all the poor plant in my bog garden, i need some help
Hellz

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HellzDungeon @ April 16 2005,6:10)]i just stuck all the poor plant in my bog garden
Thats about all you can do really. If you have one, you might want to take one leaf and put it in a glass of pure water and under your growlight. D. filiformis reproduces easily from cuttings in that way. you still have a good chance for success with this as long as you have living tissue to work with.

Good luck
Steve

Good luck! I had one too for a while, and it kind of went through a dormancy period and when it "woke up" again, it started growing pretty nicely for a couple of weeks. After that, it just stopped growing and I haven't seen anything green since. I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to growing that one too. I hope that your's survives!

Last summer I received a D. filiformis leaf cutting from BigCarnivourKid. When it arrived, it was still dewy. I placed it in one of my plastic pipette containers, in soil media, w/hinged cover. I buried each end in the substrate, dew side up. Shortly thereafter, I saw new growth. This is what it looked like last month:

D.%20filiformis%20(California%20Sunset).jpg

Recently, after this pic was taken, it has been sending up two flower stalks, from each of two plants, having clumped over the winter.

Back