What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings,

I was wondering what sundews are happy in a cool, humid terrarium.  The daytime highs are between 70-75F.  At night the temp. drops down to 60-65F.  The humidity during the day is 70-80%, and 90% at night.

I am mostly interested in rosetted subtropical sundews.  I have D. capensis, and forked sundews growing good.  I also have Drosera aliciae which is adjusting, although very slowly.  It doesn't seem to like the higher humidity levels at night.

I would like to try D. slackii and D. venusta.  I am also getting D. pulchella and D. pygmaea.  

I did searches and was unable to come up with temp. and humidity requirements for various sundews.  I'm just interested in what other people are growing under conditions similar to mine.

Thanks,
Brian

Very tolerant sundews are: D. spatulata, D. capensis, oh heck, I don't think there is a sundew that would find those conditions objectionable. The only caveat that I have is that terrarium set ups DO need air circulation, or you set yourself up for mold and/or greenhouse effect.

as Jim said most dews wont mind humid conditions as long as you have good air circulation. without air circulating you will prolly loose alot of dews. as far as your temps. every Drosera on my grow list does fine in those temps. i do have temp spikes that go higher but for most of the winter they were growing fine in the 70's with night time drops.

Back