What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera ramentacea

Hi,

Here are two pictures of my Drosera ramentacea, that is about to flower.

ramentacea_DROS38_030.jpg

Drosera ramentacea - bigger picture

ramentacea_DROS38_026.jpg

ramentacea_DROS38_005.jpg

Christian

Cool whip! Start spreading the seed (in a month or so)!

Thats and amazing looking 'dew.

How do you grow it? Any chance of seed comming to the US?

Hi,

Because of legal grounds i can not send seeds to the U.S. Drosera ramentacea is already grown in the U.S. With a bit of luck and a lot of patience you may find a plant sooner or later.

Christian

Looks a bit like a capensis...

Christian, is it a protected species?

Hi Jason,

Drosera ramentacea is most likely a (natural) Hybrid of Drosera hilaris and Drosera glabripes. It is only found where these two plants grow together.

I don't know if this species is protected or not. But, as far as i know it is not allowed to send seeds from Germany to the U.S.

Christian

Alright, thanks. Hmmm, must try to cross...

Nice pics BTW, especially like the last one
smile.gif

Thanks for sharing Christian! That's quite an eye-catching plant. I certainly hope it becomes more common in cultivation... Perhaps some of our more experienced State-side growers will attempt to reproduce the cross.
I've read that galibripes is a finicky grower. Have you had any difficulty with this one (or galibripes, for that matter?)
~Joe

Hi Joe,

So far Drosera ramentacea has proven to be an easy grower for me. I have it in my greenhouse, which is heated to about 5°C to 7°C in Winter, year round. In Summer it gets shaded during hot days. Saddly i have not yet been successfull with propagating it. My Drosera glabripes (which i was told is likely to be a hybrid) is treated the same way.

Christian

Back