What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I've never taken photos of my pygmy drosera, so I thought I'd do them all at once today. They live outdoors year round on my deck. I got almost all of these as gemmae from Tamlin, jeez, almost 2 years ago now. All of them have lived, in various rates of success, through some abuse. Oh, and some of the pictures are pretty bad, but I didn't have a lot of time.

First, D. pulchella "orange flower"
D_pulchella_orange_flower.sized.jpg

D. platystigma
D_platystigma.sized.jpg

D. ericksoniae
D_ericksoniae.sized.jpg

D. sargentii, next to a big, unidentified dew:
D_sargentii.sized.jpg

D. nitidula ssp. nitidula
D_nitidula_ssp_nitidula.sized.jpg

D. ericksoniae x pulchella
D_ericksoniae_x_pulchella.sized.jpg

D. palecea ssp. roseana
D_palacea_ssp_roseanna2.sized.jpg

D. echinoblastus
D_echinoblastus.sized.jpg

D. oreopodon
D_oreopodon.sized.jpg

D. nitidula ssp. alantostigma
D_nitidula_ssp_alantostigma2.sized.jpg

Capslock

Those are some nice pics, especially given the size of the subjects. I like that sargentii, I've never seen one before. Looks like a little dewy dust bunny.
~Joe

Man, those are some great pygmy drosera! I'd love to trade gemmae w/ you. (That sounds really personal doesn't it? hehe) I have two varieties you don't have listed here.

Ah, pigmy dews - my second love! Sure wish I had an eye for telling them apart. My enodes & stelliflora look identical and so do their flowers. Still nice pics, Max!

Hi Caps! Looking good there buddy! Uhhh, the D. palacea ssp roseana might be D. paleacea ssp trichocaulis. Give a sniff to the flowers, I am told that D. palacea ssp roseana are fragarant. I am very happy to see these guys doing nicely in your collection Caps.

Hey Tamlin, good to see you around! Hope things are going well for you. I'll make a note about the D. palacea, and check the flowers if I ever see one open. Thanks again for these guys!

Capslock

Back