What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowly capensis..

schloaty

Staff member
CD2.jpg

CG1.jpg

I had to rescue it after I took the photos, as they are very good neihbors - they eat all the mosquitos and other nasty no-see-ums.

But hats off to ya, Mr. Cape, nice catch!

Nice picture. I like dragonflies, they eat mosquitos.

CRIKEY! Nice shots. I'm glad to hear that you let it go though, dragonflies really are nice.
smile.gif

See, we're not all sadists!
smile.gif

How big was the capensis? Considering the...err...power for the lack of better word that a dragonfly has it must have been really lucky/really strong to prop up the dragonfly like so.

Nice pictures too
smile.gif

Capensis is about 3" tall - but it's really three or four plants.

The DF got it's wings all stuck. It must have landed for a rest, then discovered it couldn't take back off.

Looks more like a damselfly to me. Dragonflies rest with their wings horizontal. Damselflies hold their wings folded vertically.

It's difficult to distinguish the difference from that picture though.

Its a dragonfly. Notice how the eyes are positioned.

The closest my dews(filiformis) have gotten to that wouild be when I discovered a cranefly buzzing with one leg stuck. Free VFT food!

Capensis are very insane little plants! My little seedlings are only about a month old and one of them has 3 FULL GROWN FRUITFLIES caught on ONE LEAF. One leaf that is hardly the size of a pinhead! I don't get how those little buggers are so strong! It's amazing! I can't wait for it to become an adult.

Cape Sundews rule
biggrin.gif
I'm glad you rescued the Dragonfly though, I don't know if I could have let it get eaten!

Back