What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower pic - d. dielsiana x nidiformis

Rare occurance today! My d. dielsiana x nidiformis actually bloomed! It sends up spike after spike, but I hardly ever see it actually flower. After fooling around with the camera for a while, I managed to take this photo. Thought I'd share.

smile.gif

flowerddielsianaxnidiformis.jpg

Now that's pretty! Good job!

Wow! The red stalk is really cool! Glad to hear it finally bloomed!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ July 14 2005,12:50)]Wow! The red stalk is really cool! Glad to hear it finally bloomed!
Between the three plants, there are presently 5 stalks and that's the only flower I've seen. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just cut the stalks as soon as they appear so the plants can use the energy to produce leaves...

*grrr*

I'm pretty sure you have to wait for them get like... at least an inch tall before you can cut them, otherwise it will just send up another stalk. It might send up another flower stalk reguardless of what you do. They have weird ways..

Back