What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many time

How many time live a drosera?, they need someting special?, tks to all.

How long is a piece of string?

Your question is impossible to answer without some more specific information- ie- which species of Drosera?

Some species live for only a year, others indefinitely.

They also require a variety of conditions dependant upon where they originate from and their growth habits.

Which species are you seeking information on?

all tropical droseras and whats the others name, quensland?, not sure,
another question, the capensis, binata, spatulata, shizandra and adelae, nedd a time to sleep in winter?

Si quieres, escribe tu pregunta en español y lo translado al ingles.

Ok, gracias, quiero saber cuales droseras no necesitan invernar?, para dejarlas en el terrario, cuanto viven las droseras?, para reproducirlas antes de acabe su vida, y si necesitan algo en especial, las siguientes especies, shizandra, capensis, spathulata, y binata, para que vivan bien, gracias otra vez y saludos.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Windplant @ July 25 2005,2:10)]Ok, gracias, quiero saber cuales droseras no necesitan invernar?, para dejarlas en el terrario, cuanto viven las droseras?, para reproducirlas antes de acabe su vida, y si necesitan algo en especial, las siguientes especies, shizandra, capensis, spathulata, y binata, para que vivan bien, gracias otra vez y saludos.
"I want to know which ones require dormancy, to see if i can leave them in the terrarium. Also, what are the life span of droseras so i can reproduce them before theiy die? And do the following species require any special conditions to grow well:schizandra, capensis, spathulata, and binata."

I've never kept schizandra, but binata does form a hibernacula. the others don't need dormancy.

Cool, the binata dormancy is 4 months like all others?.
tks Amateur expert.

It seemed more like two months. I didn't purposely put it through a dormancy. It just died back and in January, it naturally came out of it. It was also indoors from mid-November, onward.

Back