What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooling temps.

I have a set of D.spatulata and D.capensis. The temps here in Buffalo are starting to drop a night in the mid to low 60's. The D.capensis, I've read, like warm days and cool nights (they look beautiful) but what about the D.spatulata. At what point should I bring my plants in for the winter? Man, I'm full of questions today.

I recommend bringing them in before the first frost. Capensis can survive short stints down to 18F from personal observation, but your talking about Buffalo, and I'm talking about Seattle. Better safe than sorry. Either keep your eye on the forcast.

-Homer

Thanks... sounds like the norm to bring them in before frost but I just wanted to make sure. I've been watching the forecast like a hawk but unfortunately it's been very unaccurate in this area. It was supposed to be 70 and rainy today and its 85 and sunny... go figure.

Back