What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae problem

I recently transplanted a couple D. adelae into a classic terrarium and I've noticed that one of the plants has aquired something odd. On its crown there is a small tuft of orange-ish fuzzy hair. Could this be a reaction to the change in conditions or is it some kind of fungus? Keep in mind that I transplanted two other plants and they haven't gotten any of this weird fuzz on their crowns. Should I treat my plant with a fungicide or what?

I'm actually thinking that maybe your plants aren't getting enough light/heat/humididty and think the seasons are changing on them. I'm pretty sure the fuzz is the equivalent of a pitcher plant's phylodia.

Just my guess though, and i'm not an expert.

Sam

Hmmmmm, you bring up a good point.

The thing is that D. adelae don't experience any kind of winter dormancy, so I doubt they'd be responding that drastically to changing seasons. I really have no clue what's wrong...

Can you remove it with a pair of tweezers?

Back