What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosophyllum seedling

Here is a picture of a seedling that sprouted from one of the seeds that Jeremiah was giving out.  It is about 2 weeks old and it is just putting its second leaf out.  
Picture39.jpg

-Nick

Update:
It is doing great with very fast growth.  Here is an updated picture.
Picture106.jpg

-Nick Z.

That's pretty fast growth in just less than a month.

Looks great Nick!

How moist are you keeping it? I have one a little bit older than your first picture and this morning it looked droopy. I gave it some water and I think it perked up but not 100% certain if it was droopy because it was too dry or I had overwatered it...

i envy you! nothing from my seeds yet!

They do grow very fast.
Keep up the good work.

Wow, so cool! Definatly keep us updated! I wish I could have gotten mine to do something.
smile_h_32.gif

any secrets, ive try and try but the things just turn pale and faint, !@#$ Damp off!
mad.gif

I believe that Drosophyllum seedlings have a tendancy to wilt when too dry. They are difficult to overwater when young. Jan Visee, a Dutch CPer who is a very experienced Drosophyllum grower keeps his seedlings sitting in water all of the time with no ill effects. He's also kept them outside all winter in Holland, where it can be very wet and also frosty. I also have two seedlings that I kept sitting in water most of the time until the leaves were about 5cm long. They survived OK & are now Slack-potted. My parent plant can tolerate bone dry soil for several weeks with no problems, however.
Nick- your seedling looks great. Good luck with it.

Back