What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most prolific drosera?

D. burmannii has to rank right up there with the reproductive best CPs.  Notice all of the flower scapes.  Sorry for the poor quality pics but I was in a hurry.

There are at least two other types of Drosera in this pot and they are being overwhelmed.
burmannii_takeover.sized.jpg

My poor P. pirouette is doomed unless I transplant soon.
burmannii_takeover_2.sized.jpg

My little dragon doesn't stand a chance unless it lasts until it goes into my fridge.  If the Burmanni last through that I will know the are truly invincible.
burmannii_taleover_also.sized.jpg

You should see D. spatulata, capensis, and intermedia. I think the butterwort & VFT will be just fine, though.

That is so cool!

cool.gif

Can you give all the details on your D. burmanii growing? I'm growing some from seed right now (they have yet to germinate) and I would love to know some things. First of all, did all those plants come from seed? Did it start with one plant and through prolific seed production scatter plants all around the pots? All details would be greatly appreciated!

I must say after seeing these pictures I'm REALLY looking forward to my seeds germinating
smile.gif
I've alway wanted to grow D. burmanii!

Heya buddy, those burmanii sure look great!! The plants are looking great in their new home by the way!!
smile.gif
Thanks for everything!

-Jc

LLeopardGGecko, I started out with a beerwah a couple of sessilifolia and a few others two years ago.  Once they start flowering you will have them growing everywhere.  The seeds are incredibly tiny and blow on the wind.
They usually take about two week maybe three weeks to germinate and I grow all of my Pings and Drosera in 50/50 silica sand and peat.
I sowed some of the seed at first but nature did a better job than me and you can see the result.

Juan Carlos, Glad to hear those VFT's are doing good.  Have they started eating yet?  I'll bet they are starved.  The little hitchikers should love it back at ground level with all those gnats flying around.

That burmannii of mine that caught the big dragonfly has pretty well eaten most of it...I thought I heard it buuuurrrp the other morning.

Dang, I can't wait until my D. burmanii germinate! It seems to be taking forever though, so I hope my seeds still plan on growing
confused.gif

HA HA HA a burp huh?! yeah that thing was pretty coold, nice sized dragon fly on such a teeny tiny burmanii! go figure ;)

Yeah, the vft have already caught some insects! I went ahead a trimmed off all the dead leaves and soon they'll go into dormancy.

Lepopardgecko, give em time these things where ltterally everywhere in lauderdale's collection! They are neat little plants!

-Jc

Ah, but I'm so impatient
biggrin.gif

Just watch though, in a couple months they'll be over-running my collection and I'll want to get rid of them
smile_n_32.gif

Wow...nice weeds...I mean, plants.
laugh.gif
I have always been very fond of D. burmanni. Such beautiful little cupped traps. I think your ping is about to choke on 'dews.

Great pics.
smile.gif

Wow! That's a nice little army ya got there. ;D

Back