What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passiflora antioquiensis seeds: 5 inch flowers, up to 2 foot peduncles! Tasty fruit. Cool grower. Proceeds fund postage for a giveaway. - No Long

Passiflora antioquiensis seeds: 5 inch flowers, up to 2 foot peduncles! Tasty fruit. Cool grower. Proceeds fund postage for a giveaway. - No Longer Available

Passiflora antioquiensis seeds: 5 inch flowers, up to 2 foot peduncles! Tasty fruit. Cool grower. Proceeds fund postage for a giveaway.

I'm trying this out as a test, to see if this works out. The price of 5 seeds is $7.50 plus $2.50 shipping. I'm considering this a quasi-benefit sale. For each $7.50 sold, I'll make an item in a giveaway that normally ships for $7.15 into a completely free giveaway on Terraforums. I will either post such a completely free giveaway within a day or two, or convert an existing giveaway for postage into a completely free one. Probably that would be a giveaway of mine, although possibly the money could be used to fund postage of someone else's.

The seeds are from September 2014 from a friend's plant in Orange county. I would expect germination anywhere from 2 weeks to several months. The last set of seeds I tested are germinating right now--the photo is from today. I believe I sowed 25 in each pot, and I anticipate a very high percentage will grow.

I've run into an interesting quirk with seeds from this species. Under my conditions they will not germinate indoors, at a near constant temperature of 70-75. They will germinate outside readily (although somewhat unpredictably) during our warmer months. Our summer temperatures average 75/55.

Passiflora antioquiensis is from high elevation in the Andes. If it were a Nepenthes, it would be classified as an ultra-highland species based on its origin. It grows under similar condition as such Nepenthes species, and needs cool nights and days that are not too hot, to survive and to bloom. It will die at about 27 or 28 F. As a cloudforest plant it likes very loose soil (50% perlite or pumice) and constant moisture.

As mentioned, the photo of seedlings is from today, sowed 2-3 months ago, I believe. The photo of a plant in bloom is from Bill Harberts.

List Date: 6/24/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Passiflora antioquiensis seeds: 5 inch flowers, up to 2 foot peduncles! Tasty fruit. Cool grower. Proceeds fund postage for a giveaway.
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

What nice flowers! Wish i had some cash to spare to help to get the give away and aquire some need seed species for myself or the kids. You seedlings are looking good :)
Goodluck

Back