What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay (Not Mine) Little Green Monsters

• Thread starter Fresh Hex
  • Start date
These a reputable source for seeds on Ebay?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You mean for Drosera in general? There are any number of places and people you can get them from -- including some forum members.

Now if you are interested in plants as opposed to seeds, Andrew who owns this site and FlytrapShop.com does sell some Drosera. Don't believe he does seeds, however.

If you're located in Canada that guy is probably a pretty good choice for seed. In general for buying seed your best options are the ICPS seedbank and the carnivorous plant groups on FB. The ICPS is a paid membership and all the seed sent in will be legitimate and on FB anyone trying to pass off fake seed would be quickly caught. I can't speak to specific eBay'ers but a general guide is to stick to people that have 99% positive feedback or more. You also want to avoid people that use weird words in their listings like 'bonsai' or 'spider plant'. Listings that don't use their own photos or have photo-shopped images to make the plants an unnatural color like blue are also bad. Another red flag is listings that have drosera seed is weird amounts like 5 or 10. Lastly, stick to sellers in your country. Right now all the scammers seem to be located in China and Israel. Keep these 4 criteria in mind and you should be able to avoid all the fake seed listings.

If you're located in Canada that guy is probably a pretty good choice for seed. In general for buying seed your best options are the ICPS seedbank and the carnivorous plant groups on FB. The ICPS is a paid membership and all the seed sent in will be legitimate and on FB anyone trying to pass off fake seed would be quickly caught. I can't speak to specific eBay'ers but a general guide is to stick to people that have 99% positive feedback or more. You also want to avoid people that use weird words in their listings like 'bonsai' or 'spider plant'. Listings that don't use their own photos or have photo-shopped images to make the plants an unnatural color like blue are also bad. Another red flag is listings that have drosera seed is weird amounts like 5 or 10. Lastly, stick to sellers in your country. Right now all the scammers seem to be located in China and Israel. Keep these 4 criteria in mind and you should be able to avoid all the fake seed listings.

Yeah, the only reason I considered buying from the guy is that he was located in Canada and had a legit looking website.

Don't trust location. I saw someone recently get taken in by an eBay scammer from Washington.

These a reputable source for seeds on Ebay?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes they are. I order from them all the time!
Just got these yesterday!
75c6a4fa444cbdc7e6c6f6904baba99b.jpg
edb82959d4b3d03da6026be62ae477ac.jpg
73379df3e2cb05a5211ca6169a4e475c.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Yeah, the only reason I considered buying from the guy is that he was located in Canada and had a legit looking website.
He has very good seeds that germination rate is very fast. Will continue to buy from Willy Chung @ Little Green Monters

Don't trust location. I saw someone recently get taken in by an eBay scammer from Washington.
You have to be careful who you do buy from on eBay. But Little Green Monsters is a reputable seller with great seeds. I've bought from him 3 times now! Always good quality seeds. Just got some yesterday

Good tips. I got taken by a couple of eBay seller when I first started buying. But I know what to look for now. Those are correct things to look for. Little Green Monsters btw is a reputable seller! Great seeds!

Everybody, Willie Chung tonight, everybody Willie Chung tonight!

Back