What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (To Buy) Mexican pings

I am looking for 4 or 5 Mexican ping species or hybrids to grow alongside some sundews. I know they are available through some nurseries but the prices are through the roof. I am perfectly happy starting with small plants

Ideally I would want a couple that remain green and a couple that are pink for contrast growing next to each other. Flower color is not very important to me

If by "alongside" you mean they will be in separate pots, you might be okay, but Mexican Pinguicula require some very different care from any sundews out there. And prices in most online nurseries are going to be more or less the average of what most people will have too, including the plants I have for sale; cheapest is still going to be at least $7-8, with common hybrids like moranensis x ehlersiae.

alongside just meaning under the same 4 foot t5 fixture. different pots and soil.

thanks for the info, maybe I will just save up and get the ones I want most.

Where are you? I have several nice hybrids and a few small plants of species too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey man!

I have a Pinguicula emarginata that is just full of tiny plants under it and around that I bought over the Thanksgiving break. I started separating out the little guys and I will have a 2-inch pot with one or two that I can pack up and ship to you. Just give me a month to get the plant established and doing okay before I risk the shipping to you. Would hate for it to die in the cold even with the heat pack in there just because it was too fragile and not fully adjusted to its new pot.

I will keep you posted here as the weeks go on about their health.

Otherwise, I would totally recommend you buy some. Supporting the forums through FlyTrapShop for a couple pings is a great start! :D https://www.flytrapshop.com/collections/butterwort

Where are you? I have several nice hybrids and a few small plants of species too.

I am in the Boston area. little tricky this time of year with the cold but if you have extras can definitely ship with a heating pack. Let me know in PM if you would feel comfortable doing it this way and what you would want for them. :beer:

Hey man!

I have a Pinguicula emarginata that is just full of tiny plants under it and around that I bought over the Thanksgiving break. I started separating out the little guys and I will have a 2-inch pot with one or two that I can pack up and ship to you. Just give me a month to get the plant established and doing okay before I risk the shipping to you. Would hate for it to die in the cold even with the heat pack in there just because it was too fragile and not fully adjusted to its new pot.

I will keep you posted here as the weeks go on about their health.

Otherwise, I would totally recommend you buy some. Supporting the forums through FlyTrapShop for a couple pings is a great start! :D https://www.flytrapshop.com/collections/butterwort

Appreciate that, hopefully in the coming year I will have some dews to send your way! I wish the flytrapshop had some of those others in stock :drool:

Like which? I may have them, just haven't updated the stock in a while...

I am in the Boston area. little tricky this time of year with the cold but if you have extras can definitely ship with a heating pack. Let me know in PM if you would feel comfortable doing it this way and what you would want for them. :beer:

Appreciate that, hopefully in the coming year I will have some dews to send your way! I wish the flytrapshop had some of those others in stock :drool:

Yes the temps are a little tricky. Most will be fine as long as they don’t actually freeze (many get close to freezing in their natural habitats). I’ll look into heating packs and how warm they keep things.

Like which? I may have them, just haven't updated the stock in a while...

oh cool, hope im lucky then!
'Pirouette'
agnata
cyclosecta
emarginata

Yes the temps are a little tricky. Most will be fine as long as they don’t actually freeze (many get close to freezing in their natural habitats). I’ll look into heating packs and how warm they keep things.

the 72 hour ones sent with my nepenthes get just a little warm but for a long time so the plants dont get cooked just keeps them from freezing. I am also not in a huge hurry and will gladly wait for a warm stretch (relatively speaking)

Awesome! that kind of trading is what these forums can be all about! :D

From the looks of the plantlets, they are starting to situate themselves and I think will be good to go by end of the month IF I include a heat pack.

...will gladly wait for a warm stretch (relatively speaking)
Exactly my thoughts too! Haha RELATIVELY speaking warmer. I am not patient enough to think I want to wait until April :D

Getting back into my love of CPs is such a stupid thing to begin in November! :biggrin-new:

i have been getting nepenthes shipped to me for the last month with heat packs hah sometimes we pick the worst times but once you get the itch its hard to ignore!

how are your gameae doing? :)

i have been getting nepenthes shipped to me for the last month with heat packs hah sometimes we pick the worst times but once you get the itch its hard to ignore!

how are your gameae doing? :)

But scratching that itch feels so good...

oh cool, hope im lucky then!
'Pirouette'
agnata
cyclosecta
emarginata

Looks like most of those were negatively affected by the "Ping tray flood of 2018". Looks like I have emarginata, but I'm waiting to confirm ID. So, sorry I guess I don't have the ones you're wanting.

no prob, im going to be around here for a long time so when they are ready once again I'll be ready :-D

Looks like most of those were negatively affected by the "Ping tray flood of 2018".
Hahaha ouch! I can imagine a story here. Sad tale most likely! At least they might recover.

While switching out for a deeper water tray for my Gemmae setup, I fumbled as I poured the water in from the previous tray.

PygmyDrosera_GemmaeSetup.jpg

That spot up front was a gap big enough to pour water in but I poured too fast and then fumbled and it caused a tidal wave of water to get into the pulchella pot and pushed around all the sand and the gemmae!! I had METICULOUSLY spread out three types of pulchella gemmae into a three-section pie chart of gemmae by color of flower and then my tidal wave moved everything around to the back of the pot! mixed completely up!

I was able to restore the spread out look again but who knows what type of pulchella now....sigh :hopelessness:

PygmyDroserapulchella_gemmae.jpg

But things are turning out fine. I will share on another thread. I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than I already have just because I saw the phrase water tray flood and wanted to share my own water tray flood story. :D

omg trying not to laugh at that thought but its very hard :oops: it took me so long to spread out mine and i def wanted to stop after spreading first couple packets of those little suckers. they stick to what you dont want and drop when you dont want them to :hopelessness::biggrin-new:

Back