Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mexican pings

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mexican pings

I am looking for 4 or 5 Mexican ping species or hybrids to grow alongside some sundews. I know they are available through some nurseries but the prices are through the roof. I am perfectly happy starting with small plants

Ideally I would want a couple that remain green and a couple that are pink for contrast growing next to each other. Flower color is not very important to me
    lover of toothy species and hybrids

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If by "alongside" you mean they will be in separate pots, you might be okay, but Mexican Pinguicula require some very different care from any sundews out there. And prices in most online nurseries are going to be more or less the average of what most people will have too, including the plants I have for sale; cheapest is still going to be at least $7-8, with common hybrids like moranensis x ehlersiae.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    alongside just meaning under the same 4 foot t5 fixture. different pots and soil.

thanks for the info, maybe I will just save up and get the ones I want most.

Growlist

highland tent

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you? I have several nice hybrids and a few small plants of species too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man!

I have a Pinguicula emarginata that is just full of tiny plants under it and around that I bought over the Thanksgiving break. I started separating out the little guys and I will have a 2-inch pot with one or two that I can pack up and ship to you. Just give me a month to get the plant established and doing okay before I risk the shipping to you. Would hate for it to die in the cold even with the heat pack in there just because it was too fragile and not fully adjusted to its new pot.

I will keep you posted here as the weeks go on about their health.

Otherwise, I would totally recommend you buy some. Supporting the forums through FlyTrapShop for a couple pings is a great start! https://www.flytrapshop.com/collections/butterwort

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Beer View Post
    Where are you? I have several nice hybrids and a few small plants of species too.

I am in the Boston area. little tricky this time of year with the cold but if you have extras can definitely ship with a heating pack. Let me know in PM if you would feel comfortable doing it this way and what you would want for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Hey man!

I have a Pinguicula emarginata that is just full of tiny plants under it and around that I bought over the Thanksgiving break. I started separating out the little guys and I will have a 2-inch pot with one or two that I can pack up and ship to you. Just give me a month to get the plant established and doing okay before I risk the shipping to you. Would hate for it to die in the cold even with the heat pack in there just because it was too fragile and not fully adjusted to its new pot.

I will keep you posted here as the weeks go on about their health.

Otherwise, I would totally recommend you buy some. Supporting the forums through FlyTrapShop for a couple pings is a great start! https://www.flytrapshop.com/collections/butterwort
    Appreciate that, hopefully in the coming year I will have some dews to send your way! I wish the flytrapshop had some of those others in stock

Growlist

highland tent

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like which? I may have them, just haven't updated the stock in a while...
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nepenthesl0ve View Post
    I am in the Boston area. little tricky this time of year with the cold but if you have extras can definitely ship with a heating pack. Let me know in PM if you would feel comfortable doing it this way and what you would want for them.

Appreciate that, hopefully in the coming year I will have some dews to send your way! I wish the flytrapshop had some of those others in stock
    Yes the temps are a little tricky. Most will be fine as long as they donít actually freeze (many get close to freezing in their natural habitats). Iíll look into heating packs and how warm they keep things.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast