What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Sale Heliamphora Seeds For Sale

Yes, real Heliamphora seeds for sale. Heliamphora seeds are rarely offered and when they're available they're really expensive (four seeds for $20!!!)

I harvested some H x (tatei "Cerro Duida" x folliculata "Murosipan") x self seeds today.

I planted some but have the rest for sale.

Five seeds for $10
Fifteen seeds for $20

I only have thirty seeds so get them while I still have them!

Again, these seeds are very fresh so should have high germination. I can not guarantee germination, though, because I can't control your conditions.

Each seed is different and each can be a new cultivar :D.

I can ship your order in a small flat rate box for $8, or can ship it in a normal business envelope for $1.

PM me if you're interested!

Attachments

• IMG_7513 (1).jpg
    IMG_7513 (1).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 44
where do you grow your helis?

Hello,

I grow my helis in a little setup in my closet. I have an AC outside of my house that blows cool air inside of the closet to cool them down. Where I live in zone 6b where it gets cold in the winter so cooling is not a problem. There are two shelves- one for smaller/higher light plants (i.e most helis, South American Drosera, and U. jamesoniana) and one larger shelf where I grow my larger helis and lower light species such as H. uncinata, H. exappendiculata, and H. collina. I also grow my seedling SA dews, my U. alpina, and U. reniformis down there. Lighting is four 4,000 lumen shop lights (a total of 16,000 lumens). Just the ones you see from Costco. They produce surprisingly little heat. There are also fans circulating in the closet. I believe the cooling kicks on somewhere in the lower 70s or higher 60s. Lights are off in the day and on at night to keep the temps low. This setup is designed for helis and, although I've tried, neps don't do well in it. Even species that like cool temps like arisos and rajahs eventually rot. They grow better in a greenhouse. I attached a pic of the whole setup and one of the top shelf.

Also, all seeds sold out.

Attachments

• IMG_7611.jpg
    IMG_7611.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_7612.jpg
    IMG_7612.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 39
Hello,

I grow my helis in a little setup in my closet. I have an AC outside of my house that blows cool air inside of the closet to cool them down. Where I live in zone 6b where it gets cold in the winter so cooling is not a problem. There are two shelves- one for smaller/higher light plants (i.e most helis, South American Drosera, and U. jamesoniana) and one larger shelf where I grow my larger helis and lower light species such as H. uncinata, H. exappendiculata, and H. collina. I also grow my seedling SA dews, my U. alpina, and U. reniformis down there. Lighting is four 4,000 lumen shop lights (a total of 16,000 lumens). Just the ones you see from Costco. They produce surprisingly little heat. There are also fans circulating in the closet. I believe the cooling kicks on somewhere in the lower 70s or higher 60s. Lights are off in the day and on at night to keep the temps low. This setup is designed for helis and, although I've tried, neps don't do well in it. Even species that like cool temps like arisos and rajahs eventually rot. They grow better in a greenhouse. I attached a pic of the whole setup and one of the top shelf.

Also, all seeds sold out.

Wow fantastic set up.

I tried growing heliamphoras for a while but couldn't keep them cool and lost at least 5 my error.

Now I just grow Nepenthes I'm in Zone 10 so that's why I stick with them .

Thank you for sharing . I appreciate it.:triumphant:

Wow fantastic set up.

I tried growing heliamphoras for a while but couldn't keep them cool and lost at least 5 my error.

Now I just grow Nepenthes I'm in Zone 10 so that's why I stick with them .

Thank you for sharing . I appreciate it.:triumphant:

Thanks! Neps are great, also. Unfortunately I live in zone 6B where they're a bit tricky to cultivate, but have a greenhouse I grow mine in. If you ever want to start up again get a hybrid, those are super easy.

Back