What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few Nepenthes Photos

Truly beautiful plants. I'm always impressed by well grown nepenthes. Even plants that people usually underestimate can be stunning when grown well.

oh.. my.. god.. YES!! It's absolutely gorgeous Jeremiah. I busted my butt for a month to get my hands on 'Kuching Spotted' thinking it was that. Silly noob mistake.. What are the odds you can help me get albo 'Black' in my GH?
Also, was that a N. spectabilis 'Pangulubao' I saw?

aww.. no response to me?

Oops sorry mass, yeah it is definite one of the seed grown N. spectabilis Pangulubao.

-Jeremiah-

Oops sorry mass, yeah it is definite one of the seed grown N. spectabilis Pangulubao.

-Jeremiah-

Thought so.. Definitely gives me something to look forward to with mine.
So, are you avoiding the other question? Feel free to say no if need be. I'm about to the point of filing N. albomarginata 'Black/Purple' in the same category as N. hurrelliana.

DSC_2111.JPG

That's a spectacular N. ephippiata shot there!

If that was a bug torture device...

...it would definitely be an Iron Maiden... ;)

dvg

Spectacular plants. Out of them all, the ephippiata is my definite favorite. Thanks for posting your pics, it never gets old looking at well grown nepenthes pictures!

very nice JH, as always i still drool when i see the red lower pitchers of your jac, has to be the most impressive nep i ever saw in person......really need to get back down to Colorado and visit you again......

Thanks rattler, stop by anytime. I should have some really nice rooted cutting of my favorite seed grown N. jacquelineae 1850m BE available for trade later this summer.

-Jeremiah-

N. edwardsiana is definitely not fast growing that pitcher opened on 3-27-11 and the next pitcher is yet to open. So far it pitchers on every leaf and the pitchers seem to last quite a while.

Thanks! I will just calm myself down then and not fret over it. :)

Thanks for answering all of the questions Jeremiah. I appreciate that you have taken the time to explain your experiences.

yeah...yours is the second biggest attenboroughii apart from Siggi's which is massive. I think as with most neps...once they start to put on some size, they seem to coast on well unless somehting terrible happens with the roots.

Oooh, wow, I haven't panicked this hard in ages...so many pictures of such stunning plants, it's spectacular and breathtaking!! I certainly wouldn't mind getting lost in your greenhouse(s) :love:

I busted my butt for a month to get my hands on 'Kuching Spotted' thinking it was that. Silly noob mistake..

This form is also one of my favorites and I've wanted it for a long time. Absolutlely beautiful! I guess I just made the same mistake though (buying 'kuching spotted)! Either a lot of pics on the web are mislabled or the two forms at least look very similar (which one, or both?). Either way, I'm happy to get something sort of close to it, as I haven't seen anyone sell the purple/black form in the states. All I have is the green form right now.

Back