What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know the difference between

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
My P. moranensis (Iluahuapan) is blooming and I'll be buggered if it is not a spitting image of my potosiensis clone from BestCP (not to mention my Yucca Do 1716 and 1718, which Eric contends,and I agree, are probably potosiensis.)

So what I would like to know is, why is this plant accepted as a moranensis when to all intents and purposes it matches potosiensis?

Anyone know?

Well If you have talked to Eric I doubt anyone will be able to shead more light on this. Some Ping. labeled on his site as location .... which he says looks like rectifolia has now been accepted as rectifolia so it may be potosiensis

Hi,

The "moranensis" complex with a huge variation among populations, need more work.
Following S.Zamudio, he has distinguished P. zecheri, P. moranensis var. moranensis and P. moranensis var. neovolcanica. P. potosiensis seems to be a population of P. moranensis var. neovolcanica.

P. rectifolia is also different from P. moranensis according to Laurent Legendre's analysis.

Back