What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone used Neem oil to kill bugs? Some advice needed

• Thread starter Yossu
  • Start date
Hello,

I have some bugs on some Sarra seedlings, and have seen many posts around here where people recommend using Neem oil. I would like to try this, but have a few questions...

• I've seen some people (ie mainly the people selling Neem oil, looking to make an extra sale!) say that you need an emulsifier to get it to mix with water, whereas I've seen others say you can just shake it up to get it to mix. Anyone any comments on this?
  • How much do I need to spray on the plants? I saw it said that it works by suffocating the bugs, in which case you'd need to spray it quite liberally, which could be a problem near the crown of some plants, as it would be hard to make sure you covered all surfaces
  • Do I need to do anything afterwards to wash it off, or do I just leave it?
  • Is it suitable for use with dewy plants like Drosera? I'm worried that the oil would dry out the dew drops.

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I'd never heard of the stuff until yesterday, and I'd like to know what I'm doing before I use it. I don't want to lose any plants.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Back