What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Glutton...

I am assuming that it is one of the pitcher plants that this prize should go to... I am not including any of the aquatic species, or bladderworts, because I'm talking about the kind that you sit outside, and then disect fo find like, hords of skeletons, u know?

So, which of the pitcher plants is the best at catching its food??? If it is not a pitcher, then maybe a ping, or drosera?

I think i read somewhere that the winner is Darlingtonia, but N. Inermiis, or Iowii (I think there are a few I's in it's name, but i could be wrong), specializes in catching termites, and they do it very well...

So, which is it guys (and dolls, to be pollitically corect
wink.gif
)

i would ahvbe to say S.flava is one of th biggest eaters around. also, i belive N.albormarginata specializes in eating termites. That all floks-Zach

I thought it was S. leucophylla. It's late pitchers and white colouring are great for catching wasps.

For Sarracenia I would go with S.Leucophylla and S.Flava. For Nepenthes I would say For catching a large meal N.Rajah and the most meals would go to a richly colored one such as N.Burbidgeae,N.Northiana,and N. Truncata.

So, leucophylla is the HUGEST glutton of all CPs?

At least for Sarracenia, as far as I know.

Arent Darlingtonias pigs too though? I mean that nectar, and those windows...

I actually don't think darlings are as gluttonous as sarrs. The ones I windowsill grow don't catch very many insects, at least compared to sarrs.

Chris

Back