What's new

2021 NASC Benefit Auction!

Review the rules in the 2021 NASC Benefit Auction forum. Listing and bidding for the NASC auction begins in
2021 NASC auction is LIVE! List items and bid now, thanks for your support!

Caniblistic Traps!!

Y

yourlordnsav

Yeah, I awoke this morning to find that one of the freshly sproted buds had made the mistake of growing into another trap.. which closed on the bud. Should I amputate them both? It's never a good thing if the trap can't close all the way. Thanks, and please help.

RamPuppy

the trap will probably re-open...

When a trap closes, the struggle of the prey animal kees the trap 'interested' if it is triggered, and then nothing happens, it will grow back open in a day or two...

It is a designe mechanism there to save the plant energy...

I would adopt a wait and see attitude.

G

My &#360.02

I would pull the trap that has been eaten. only if you can do so and not harm it.

When traps eat eachother ( sad)...the one that is eating usually will die..while the one that is eaten will be fine. If you want both traps...make them both go to opposite corners

trashcan

O:-)
When it rains really hard, some of the soil jumps up into the traps, and my traps eat them. :). Must be delicious.

Patrick

trashcan

O:-)
Its been raining too much here. Two of my flytraps finally are recovering and have their first green growth.. and its been raining for the last three days. I hope it doesn't turn black. :-(

Pat