What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAPTIVATED: THE ALLURE OF CARNIVOROUS PLANTS (2021) documentary film

jonnyq

Supporter
Greetings! This year I finally released a documentary film that I had filmed in 2016 and spent five years completing. After a few film festival screenings, I've posted the film on FilmFreeway and YouTube for public screenings, so please do enjoy.

"Carnivorous plants are celebrated for their unusual ability to trap and consume prey. But these plants can affect people's lives in many other profound ways. Follow the lives of four carnivorous plant growers over the course of one year. See how each person is inspired or influenced in art, community, discovery or livelihood through their cultivation of these remarkable plants. Learn about the wide variety of carnivorous plants found in nature, and the roles that that they can play in our lives and our society. "

Featuring Eric Kunz, Matthew Kaelin, Ivan Lacroix and Jonathan Mejia.
Directed by Jonathan S. Kui

TRAILER (02:26):

FULL FILM (1:18:24):

For more information on the film, you're welcome to visit our official website, our FilmFreeway project, and our IMDB page.

'Sounds very cool - thanks for making it available to all!

Amazing documentary waited a while for it to be available and so glad it is!!!

Back