What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

couple of highlander pics

I was finally able to snap a couple of shots of two of my better highlanders. It took a while to get the highland tank set up in the basement and after about a year and a half of nothing from the N diatas, it obviously likes the current home:

diatas.jpg

diatas2.jpg

Last summer I did get a couple of pitchers on the N spectabilis, but they weren't at the same time. Now there are 2 open, 2 forming and a basal with 3 or 4 pitchers on it.

spec2.jpg

spec.jpg

I am hoping that this means that I can finally start trying some of the more finicky highlanders. The diatas was a big confidence boost that I was heading in the right direction.

I'm not sure of the conditions in the tank. Humid-very humid.

Beautiful!

Very nice, the spectabilis sort of reminds me of rafflesiana.

Very cool Ilbasso... How long have you had that Diatas and how big was it when you received it? Mine is from TC, and I received it probably 2 years ago, and the thing is just painfully slow to grow. It seems to be picking up some speed now, but I feel like it should have been quicker.

Beautiful plants, I really like the colors on the N spectabilis. Thanks for sharing.

N. Spectabilis is simply one of my favorite nepenthes, but I agree that it is a bit finicky to get to pitcher. Mine is also a basal factory. It seems as soon as I remove on large one, another on is already poking its leaves out a few months later. It looks like we might have the same clone. Anyhow, the only downside to all this basal production is a weakened mother plant, which is extremely the case in the instance of my plant. Great looking plant though, and congrats on getting some pitchers!

Very nice plants.

For me at least, N. spectabilis seems to produce a flush of pitchers, stop for a while, and then start again.
Mac

Back