What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cuttings mature?

i was wondering if i take a cutting off of a mature plant will the top growth point still be able to flower and be mature thanks for your advice in advance.

Aaron

i was wondering if i take a cutting off of a mature plant will the top growth point still be able to flower and be mature thanks for your advice in advance.

Aaron

I imagine it will still be able to flower, but probably not until the following year. I could be wrong.

IMHO if you cut just the growth poimt of the plant ( and don't chop the vine into multiple pieces) it should be flower ready after 1-2 years of it rooting. This may vary by plant also though. If you hack it into as many cutings as you can and some cutting need to activate a node to grow it may take longer to get to a flowering plant on those.

thanks very much for you quick replies i probably wont take cuttings mainly because i have never done it before and id be way to affraid. thanks though.

My N. xPredator cutting flowered about 2-3 months after cutting it with barely any roots at all. I have seen other instances on this forum where forum members' cuttings have flowered. I think idea is that cutting the vine may trigger flowering as a survival mechanism to continue the species.

yea dash thats what happened with mine of 7 cuttings i was trying to root 2 did flower n they were the ones in worse condition i think it was a survival thing.

Funny how nature works sometimes. Some orchid growers, when they are having a difficult time getting a plant to flower will practically kill a plant, and that stimulates it to flower.

Back