What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My D. dichrosepala gemmae are about ready to harvest, there will likely be 10-20 gemmae.

D. dichrosepala is a very easy species of pygmy dew to grow, Ive been growing mine for about a year now inside of my bedroom with no supplemental humidity (thats probably around 20% humidity), they have flowered once and produced gemmae twice. I have them underneath a growlight and they seem very happy with this. Note a windowsill is not enough for this plant.
This plant naturally goes dormant in hot seasons but can be kept without a dormancy indefinitely. (as far as I know, correct me if Im wrong here)

Here is a picture of the "mother plants":
wWePKuD.jpg

I will pick a winner as soon as the gemmae are ready for harvest. This will likely be within a few days, so make sure to sign up quickly! I will use a random number generator to select a winner. Winner will be PMd for shipping details and Ill mail you an envelope containing the gemmae.

Good luck!

Edit: forgot to include requirements (Sorry adnerdarn! Its late and I'm tired.) You must have at least 50 posts.

Last edited:
Please specify your requirements for "Give Away For Active Members" so people know if they are eligible to sign up.
Thanks,
Andrew

1. Zath - Definitely willing to give these a try!

Please specify your requirements for "Give Away For Active Members" so people know if they are eligible to sign up.
Thanks,
Andrew

My apologies, fixed.

Looks like an interesting pygmy, thank you for the offer!

2. katya_dog1 - Thanks!

2. katya_dog1 - Thanks!
3 Pearldiver Very interested, thanks!

Any location data on them? I will have plenty "Fish Track Rd" if you would be interested in trading.

Any location data on them? I will have plenty "Fish Track Rd" if you would be interested in trading.

Only three plants are producing gemmae so I doubt Ill have any excess for a trade, sorry!

Its been a long time so Ive quite forgotten the location data.. I think it had "creek" in its name if that helps at all.

2. katya_dog1 - Thanks!
3. Pearldiver Very interested, thanks!
4. Axelrod12 - Gemmae season!!! :spazz:

2. katya_dog1 - Thanks!
5. Whimgrinder - finally, I can say I am one of the "gemmae gemmae" crowd!

2. katya_dog1 - Thanks!

I'm saving a screen shot of this! Paul trying to be on the receiving end of a giveaway...........

2. katya_dog1 - Thanks!
4. Axelrod12 - Gemmae season!!!
6.HeliamWalnut- ha lol gemmae gemmae

And the winner issss...

katya_dog1!

Many thanks! I responded to your PM.

That was fast, I didn't even get a chance to see this giveaway...congrats katya_dog1!

I am assuming this is the plant that is now called D. verrucata, not the true dichrosepala?

That was fast, I didn't even get a chance to see this giveaway...congrats katya_dog1!

I am assuming this is the plant that is now called D. verrucata, not the true dichrosepala?

Heh, yeah threw up the giveaway when I saw the gemmae were incredibly "ripe" for harvest..

Dunno, I dont really follow the news on Drosera. I originally got them from NatchGreyes in a trade so youd have to ask him. As far as I know they're real dichrosepala.

Dichrosepala was only just rediscovered in the wild and collected, just about everything in cultivation is verrucata.

Dichrosepala was only just rediscovered in the wild and collected, just about everything in cultivation is verrucata.

Its likely verrucata then. Would you be able to tell by the flower? My pot of "dichrosepala" put up several flowers, here is a pic of one:

WDIy0K1.jpg

72q7vtK.jpg

Last edited:
Back