What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. sp. Auyan Tepui

These guys came in a few months ago, right before it got cold. They're finally settling in...

The largest plant putting up some flowers:
DAuyan01.jpg

And a seedling showing off its dewdrops:
DAuyan02.jpg

Please to enjoy!

Nice looking plant. Is that a D. spatulata cultivar?

These are a species from Auyan Tepui. As far as I know, they're un-named. These particular plants were grown from seed by another TF member. I got them in trade late last year. I'm still not sure why the largest plant is forming a basket, while the little guys lay flat, but whatever haha Thanks for the interest...

There has been conjecture regarding plants named as D. sp "Auyan Tepui" for some time now. Almost all of the plants going around as this so-called new species have turned out to be D. spatulata, which your plants also seems to be. The plant you have does not originate from the Tepuis, there are no other species the are similar to it that are found in that region. The following discussion from quite some time ago on the CPUK forum may explain a few things. The post made by German Drosera expert Andreas Fleischmann probably explains it best-

http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1854&hl=auyan

Thanks for the info. Looks like I've got a case of the spatulatas...

Can't beat Tamlin's Rule of Thumb! Still, even if common, I love the color of these plants. I'll adjust my tags in the near future.

lol Glad someone remembers that rule. Its often true.

Back