What's new

Desert Rose pest id

Hey guys. What do you thing this is? Mealy bugs? Powdery mildew? Will a 3 in 1 pest control work on this, or will it be too harsh on the plant? I'm usually pretty good about pest control but this is a new specimen for me and I didn't check it thoroughly when I bought it :(
fa7862edef6dcc087f1d9f19f40f6ee6.jpg

f2e4953b33adcd437786720e2e9de848.jpg

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
I concur -- mealybugs definitely and, as has been pointed out, spidermites as well.

Keep it plant isolated (assuming you don't simply return it). A systemic would be my choice -- after first spraying it down with rubbing alcohol and wiping the corpses off of it.

When I get home I will immediately clean it with isopropyl alcohol, spray it with Natria 3-in-1, and quarantine it. Unfortunately I bought this weeks ago from a very far vendor and just kinda shoved it in a window with some other plants, so I cant return.

Can this plant handle 40 degree temps with a likely colder wind chill? Its "warming up this week" to highs of 55-65 and lows of low 40s, I would really like leave it outside because of the pesticides.

Last edited:
I left mine outside over night a week ago and it got down to the lower to mid 30s and it killed a huge part of main stem.. I don't think it likes anything below 50, so I have read and witnessed...

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

I left mine outside over night a week ago and it got down to the lower to mid 30s and it killed a huge part of main stem.. I don't think it likes anything below 50, so I have read and witnessed...

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk
Yes. I have seen both 40 and 50 as the lows in my research. I guess ill spray it and bring it in before I go to bed. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk