What's new

Doesn't anybody grow Drosophyllum !

Just wanted to know how many people here cultivate Drosophyllum lusitanicum. If you do, just say "I do", although pics would be nice too.

Thanks,
Mike
biggrin.gif

I do,

seeds germinated about 2 months ago, had about 10 seeds but only 2 germinated so far...
One question I have, I heard 2 of these plants should not be close to each other or even in the same pot, but when I placed the seeds I forgot about that, so now both are growing in the same pot (ABout 8 cm from each other). Will one of them die?

Thanx

dpine.jpg

It's a myth, perpetuated in the litereature. This year I saw plants growing side by side in nature in Spain, as have others. Check out the link above, Jan and Kamil's Drosophyllum webpage explains how they grow together in cultivation without problems too.

Vic

I have several 3-year-old Drosophyllum plants growing together in the same pot and also single plants in their own pots. I cannot tell any difference. However, I also have 3-year-old Drosophyllum plants growing in 8-inch, 6-inch, and 4-inch pots. Without question, the larger the pot, the larger the plant.