What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is my Christmas present to all you guys.

I know they sound cool to have but please only take them if you think you can grow them.

If you already grow Drosophyllum please let someone else have them.
This is for people in the US only.

I have 24 packs of Drosophyllum seeds up for grabs. Each pack has 5 seeds that should be enough to make sure you have at least one germinate. I received 4 seeds from the ICPS about two years ago, I had all of them germinate but only one lived past the first month but is has flowered twice and I was able to get seed. Please post here so we can keep track.

I would like to send them in boxes or padded envelops if you just want to send a few dollars or what ever, I think that would be best, just make sure to put that it is for the Drosophyllum seeds and print you name and address clearly.

This is how I recommend sowing them.

First rub the seeds between sand paper (100 to 200 grit seem to work best) until you remove part of the black seed coat. After that let them soak in warm water over night. Sow on pure vermiculite keep damp but not wet (even the seeds can rot very easy). The seeds should germinate in about two to three weeks, mine took two. Check the seeds daily after the first week. You may also want to use some sort of fungicide to keep the rotting down.

As soon as you see germination remove them from the vermiculite and place them in a 5 to 6 inch terracotta pot fill 1/2" from the top with a soil recipe of 1 part of each of the following sand, perlite, and vermiculite and 1/2 parts pumice (if you have the pumice great but they should be fine with out it) and 1/4 part peat. Then put that pot into 9 to 11 inch terracotta pot and fill 1/2" from the rim with the same soil but a little more sand. This is called the Slack method.

The double potting may not be necessary but it sure seems to make things a lot easier.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks again
-Jeremiah-

I'll take 1 pack please.

Thanks
Steve

I would like one please. I will pm you.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

I'll have a pack too. Thnx

I think I have enough experience to try Drosophyllum now! I would like a pack please. I'll send the money immediately.

Man you are SO GENEROUS! Thanks a bunch!

-(Kyle)-

I'll take a pack as well. I really appreciate the offer and your generosity.

Chris

I would love a pack too. Thank you very much!

PM to you, and thanks for this offer.
smile.gif

smile.gif
PM'in ya now.. i would like a pack to..
smile.gif

I'll take a pack as well if you have any left
smile.gif

I would love a pack! Thanks very much,
Nile

I would like a pack if you can spare one.

Than You

Glenn

Ohh Ohh! Count me in if I'm in time!

PM sent!

Hello,

Here are the people I have down for a pack

vft guy in SJ
Understudy
huy716
ChronoKiento
Cstriker
PlantAKiss
JBL
wolf9striker
*Barracuda_45*
Outsiders71
Stormbringer
Glenn
PiranhaPlant
Schloaty
Rubra
PinguiculaMan
nepenthes gracilis

That is 17 people so far.

If you sent me a pm I will get back to you ASAP.

thanks
-Jeremiah-

PM sent. Thank you very much, Jeremiah!

Back