What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thez_yo

instigator
Well, I'm trying to go through my collection and find extras of stuff and figure out what I still want. I just redid my cobra/vft minibog and found out I have extras from there and other places, and want some stuff too... Please only in the U.S. If you don't have stuff to trade, anything that doesn't go here, goes on the NASC Auction :p

So here's what I've got for trade -- I'll try to post some update pics tonight, but most have pics in my growlist.

CPs:
Heliamphora nutans Yuruani Tepui
H. sp Angasima
H. neblinae v. parva
Nepenthes X Parvana
N. X Menehune with a pile of basals
N. X Dormouse
N. singalana Belirang
N. jacquelinae
N. ventricosa xx cincta
Dionaea m. Royal Red
D. m. Big Mouth
D. m. green clone
D. m. regular Lowe's find
Utricularia campbelliana
U. humboldtii

Orchids:
Bulbophyllum inunctum
Phal. fuscata
Phal. lobbii
Phal. stuartiana
Renanthera monachica
any of my Paphs (look at GL for listing)

...and any of my tillies

***What I really really want (and yes, I want everything to have roots and be legal)

variegated vanilla vine/orchid
Phalaenopsis doweryensis from seed and not previously keiki'd
Phalaenopsis samera that looks like bellina
Phalaenopsis violacea (esp. the coeuruleas)
Nepenthes mindanaoensis
N. X Pandarus
N. paniculata
N. pitopangii (hahahahaha!)
N. eustachya X veitchii
N. Sabre "Dark Cherry"
S.G. Nep Edwardsiana
Heliamphora nutans X ionasii
H. tatei var neblinae X hispida
H. tatei x nutans

and especially any smallish sundews (the size of a small hand or smaller) that aren't winter-growing/tuberous that would do well from 45 degrees up to about 90 degrees in an lfs : perlite mix in my vft minibog (will post pics tonight) outside in San Diego.

Also anything else you think I'd like if I have something you want.

Be advised that I may stick random extra stuff in your box if I feel like it :jester:

I expect that I'll ship when you have shipping weather without a heatpack (you'll have to let me know) - I always have shipping weather here in San Diego and will try to ship out on a Friday or Saturday once we strike a deal unless you specify not to because of weather.

I'm interested in the:
H. sp Angasima
H. neblinae v. parva
and jacq..

Take a look at my growlist and see if there is anything, or how many things, that interest you.

I just lost my N. singalana, so I'd love to pick up a replacement. Also interested in Tillandsia, Paphs, Bulbophyllum, other pretty and small things. I don't have a variegated form, but I do have vanilla that I might be able to cut from - it's getting kind of gangly and I don't yet have anything to train it to. Also up are some Nep cuttings and rooted clones - presently I've got an excess of alata x maxima, and I'll have lots more as soon as I make some room. As for Drosera, would you be at all interested in D. prolifera? I've got more common 'dews coming out my ears, as well - capensis "Broadleaf Giant" (Bugweed's strain,) several binata forms, a veritable carpet of adelae, and a number of temperates that I really, really need to get rid of (please! There's no more room on my porch!) It's not on your list, but I have some sort of Hylocereus/dragonfruit something or other that's producing tons of pups - I bet they would just love a spot on your porch.
~Joe

I'm interested in the:
H. sp Angasima
H. neblinae v. parva
and jacq..

Take a look at my growlist and see if there is anything, or how many things, that interest you.

Sorry... don't want anything you've got :(

Even though you specifically asked for Sabre.. and it's on the list? Okay.. thanks anyways?

I just lost my N. singalana, so I'd love to pick up a replacement. Also interested in Tillandsia, Paphs, Bulbophyllum, other pretty and small things. I don't have a variegated form, but I do have vanilla that I might be able to cut from - it's getting kind of gangly and I don't yet have anything to train it to. Also up are some Nep cuttings and rooted clones - presently I've got an excess of alata x maxima, and I'll have lots more as soon as I make some room. As for Drosera, would you be at all interested in D. prolifera? I've got more common 'dews coming out my ears, as well - capensis "Broadleaf Giant" (Bugweed's strain,) several binata forms, a veritable carpet of adelae, and a number of temperates that I really, really need to get rid of (please! There's no more room on my porch!) It's not on your list, but I have some sort of Hylocereus/dragonfruit something or other that's producing tons of pups - I bet they would just love a spot on your porch.
~Joe

Hmm... What's the dragonfruit look like? I might want to trade for the N.singalana if you have an equally scraggly dragonfruit :p I'll take pics tonight..

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

Even though you specifically asked for Sabre.. and it's on the list? Okay.. thanks anyways?

I want specifically the 'Dark Cherry' clone because I've already got an N. x Sabre, but not that particular clone.

I have a rooted, growing basal of N. spectabilis x talangensis if that interests you.

I'm sort of interested in:

Dionaea m. Royal Red
D. m. Big Mouth

and very interested in:

Utricularia campbelliana
U. humboldtii

I'll speak up for Ron, Im sure he will be interested in the U. campbelliana as well...

quite the offering.... let the games begin :)

Thez..i would consider trading my samera to you, I know it would go to a good home

Hmm......how about a rooted cutting of My N.alata "D form", a rooted cutting of my N.copelandii "mt apo", a few D.alicieae, a few D.venusta, and a D.nidiformis.....all for the H. sp Angasima?

Right now, they're little offsets. I had some small vines languishing in a pot that was too small, and now that I've bumped them up to something bigger with fresh soil, they're going crazy. I have dozens of branches one to two inches in length that are going to fall off on their own if I don't break them off for cuttings.
~Joe

I'll speak up for Ron, but Im sure he will be interested in the U. campbellina as well...
... ah, 'tis not the lack of desirable goodies being offered up by the CraftyPuma (as there are several that could/should/won't find their way into my basement lair), it is the sadly deficient paucity of possible offerings to lay at the alter of the SpottedLeopard that is to blame ... :cry:

The predatory feline has scoffed at prior attempts at negotiations ... Wondrous offerings have been spurned, some even within these pages ... :0o:
.... let the games begin :)
Within the confines of the imminent auction, where currency is the sole arbiter of future ownership, lies the only real hope. Likely also that hope will fail as the ravens of doom will overwhelm my meager bids that seek simply to provide comfortable custodial care & hospitable environments for these uncommonly-grown, frequently-demanding, yet marvelously-rewarding jewels of far away lands...

:-))

Well said Ron. :D

... ah, 'tis not the lack of desirable goodies being offered up by the CraftyPuma (as there are several that could/should/won't find their way into my basement lair), it is the sadly deficient paucity of possible offerings to lay at the alter of the SpottedLeopard that is to blame ... :cry:

The predatory feline has scoffed at prior attempts at negotiations ... Wondrous offerings have been spurned, some even within these pages ... :0o:

Within the confines of the imminent auction, where currency is the sole arbiter of future ownership, lies the only real hope. Likely also that hope will fail as the ravens of doom will overwhelm my meager bids that seek simply to provide comfortable custodial care & hospitable environments for these uncommonly-grown, frequently-demanding, yet marvelously-rewarding jewels of far away lands...

Ron, what one must do is carefully and craftely guage what offerings might be useful for future attempts at negotiations. I for one. knowing in what high esteem they are held, purchased a flask of corruela violaceas in months past. With such a well thought out move I found myself in ownership of the coin of the realm. :rolleyes:

Well you can add me to the U. campbelliana list :) If your looking for non CP's, orchids/ferns whatnot I can get a list together.

Oh, and by ferns, I'm refering to miniature species ones. Not the random garden center stuff ;)

I'm interested in any of the Heli's. Take a look at my growlist and let me know if there's anything you want.

Last edited:
I have a rooted, growing basal of N. spectabilis x talangensis if that interests you.

I'm sort of interested in:

Dionaea m. Royal Red
D. m. Big Mouth

and very interested in:

Utricularia campbelliana
U. humboldtii

Can I see what the spectXtalan looks like?

Thez..i would consider trading my samera to you, I know it would go to a good home

But for what? And what do the blooms look like - that pretty flower in the email I forwarded you? He still hasn't gotten back to me :cry:

Hmm......how about a rooted cutting of My N.alata "D form", a rooted cutting of my N.copelandii "mt apo", a few D.alicieae, a few D.venusta, and a D.nidiformis.....all for the H. sp Angasima?

I really don't want another alata, or a copelandii...

Right now, they're little offsets. I had some small vines languishing in a pot that was too small, and now that I've bumped them up to something bigger with fresh soil, they're going crazy. I have dozens of branches one to two inches in length that are going to fall off on their own if I don't break them off for cuttings.
~Joe

Here's mine:
P3090007.jpg

Gimme a SG eddie and we'll be cookin' :p :lol:

Also, :clap:

Ron, what one must do is carefully and craftely guage what offerings might be useful for future attempts at negotiations. I for one. knowing in what high esteem they are held, purchased a flask of corruela violaceas in months past. With such a well thought out move I found myself in ownership of the coin of the realm. :rolleyes:

Oooh what an arrow in my belly under my scaly armor :lol: *must have purple :0o:*

Well you can add me to the U. campbelliana list :) If your looking for non CP's, orchids/ferns whatnot I can get a list together.

Oh, and by ferns, I'm refering to miniature species ones. Not the random garden center stuff ;)

Maaaybe... ferns are cute. Show me some pics :p

I'm interested in any of the Heli's. Take a look at my growlist and me know if there's anything you want.

Hmm... lemme think on it a little...

Back