What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

field trip 6-2-12 drive by shooting

• Thread starter boxofrain
  • Start date

boxofrain

does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
still cant seem to get the pics I rotated to stay rotated!
Picasa sucks with me driving it!
anyway, all photos taken within 50' of roadway.

IMGP0057.jpg
IMGP0105.jpg
IMGP0109.jpg
IMGP0114.jpg
IMGP0118.jpg
IMGP0120.jpg
IMGP0123.jpg
IMGP0124.jpg
IMGP0126.jpg
IMGP0129.jpg
IMGP0133.jpg
IMGP0134.jpg
IMGP0135.jpg
IMGP0103.jpg
IMGP0102.jpg
IMGP0063.jpg
IMGP0067.jpg
IMGP0064.jpg
IMGP0082.jpg
IMGP0085.jpg
IMGP0090.jpg
IMGP0091.jpg
IMGP0093.jpg
IMGP0094.jpgIMGP0097.jpgIMGP0100.jpgIMGP0098.jpgIMGP0136.jpg

Wow very cool what big pitchers!! Thanks for sharing!!

very nice photos of very nice plants were where they i want to go see them

Wow!! I especially liked the flower pics - like the white lady slipper orchid - beautiful!

How far from your place did you have to travel to see of these?

Nice pics!
I bet I know what is happening with the rotating..
many image viewers (I use Irfanview) can "read" the metadata on a photo, they know if the photo was taken vertically or horizontally,
they will *display* the vertical photos vertically, so to you, they look "rotated" and they appear "right side up"..
but! they havent been rotated in reality..they are only displayed rotated, for your benefit..
so you might think "those are already rotated"..upload them, then discover they aren't rotated afterall..

Or..picasa might also be "automatically rotating" them for you..
So when you are in picasa, they appear rotated..(but again, they arent in reality)
then when you post them to a forum, like here, they appear the way they really are..not rotated..
So, even if they look rotated in picasa, you still have to manually rotate them..because they arent rotated in reality!
even though they look like they are.. ;)

Scot

very nice photos of very nice plants were where they i want to go see them

all photos are in the ditch along forest service road #220 in Curry County Or. Maybe 1 mile from the Ca. border. This is within the Smith River drainage.
Any time you are in this neck of the woods, we can spend a day seeing many sites like this.

Wow!! I especially liked the flower pics - like the white lady slipper orchid - beautiful!

How far from your place did you have to travel to see of these?

Hey Ron!,
There are at least 4 native orchids we found, maybe more, as I can't identify some of the plants seen.
This is only about 12 miles from the Coast, but it takes about an hour to drive it safely.

Nice pics!
I bet I know what is happening with the rotating..
many image viewers (I use Irfanview) can "read" the metadata on a photo, they know if the photo was taken vertically or horizontally,
they will *display* the vertical photos vertically, so to you, they look "rotated" and they appear "right side up"..
but! they havent been rotated in reality..they are only displayed rotated, for your benefit..
so you might think "those are already rotated"..upload them, then discover they aren't rotated afterall..

Or..picasa might also be "automatically rotating" them for you..
So when you are in picasa, they appear rotated..(but again, they arent in reality)
then when you post them to a forum, like here, they appear the way they really are..not rotated..
So, even if they look rotated in picasa, you still have to manually rotate them..because they arent rotated in reality!
even though they look like they are.. ;)

Scot

so when you stop by....you can give me a hands on tutoring?

I love those slipper orchids! Oh man, I miss it up North so much :down:

I haven't seen Camel Wides since high school.
Cool stuff there Larry. You should give photoshop and photobucket a try. Both are super easy to use..

Maybe you should change the title.
:/

Back