What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Nepenthes - N. Miranda

I was out cruising nurseries over the weekend and my girlfriend found this beast. I have it hanging in a corner in my frog room and it has already made a few free-range spiders disappear, I think we're going to be good friends. :bigthumpup:

SANY1349Large.jpg

Congrats on you new addition, happy growing!!!!

Looks really healthy! Happy growing!

Definitely a healthy specimen to start with! What's it potted with? We frequently hear stories about people who have bought plants like that, and they are potted in a totally wrong media!

Good luck,
CJ

Congrats. I picked up one of these for the first time last year. It was a little smaller but had huge pitchers.

Nice miranda, probably my favorite nepenthes. You need to be somewhat careful about growing it in a window because they like to reach out towards the light so after a while you will have a plant growing sideways :p

Definitely a healthy specimen to start with! What's it potted with? We frequently hear stories about people who have bought plants like that, and they are potted in a totally wrong media!

Good luck,
CJ

I haven't depotted it yet, but it felt like 100% peat when I stuck my finger in it.

Nice miranda, probably my favorite nepenthes. You need to be somewhat careful about growing it in a window because they like to reach out towards the light so after a while you will have a plant growing sideways :p

That window is very shaded, it faces the garage and there is a cover over the walkway. The lighting in the room is much stronger than the little bit of sun that makes it through the window.

Back