What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking For (trade) Fresh Drosera Seed or Any CP seed

Hello! Its been quite a while since I have been here browsing and getting back into the trade of keeping some sundews, pitchers, pings, pines and more. I lost my entire collection due to neglect while pressing through some time demanding and hard times having a New baby and relationship issues. I spent years and so much time on everything from propagating to feeding to adjusting light, water levels, all the CP goodness.

Needless to say I have nothing viable at this time to trade, however this forum has been kind to me in the past so I figured its worth a shot reaching out here to see if anyone has a plethora of seed of any kind to get me going again.

I would absolutely love to get my hands on some Drosera Indica seed or cuttings/plants again. I believe all the seeds of the 25 or so different species I was growing are no longer any good. Years old with no refrigeration, although I am trying to get some going from my old seed stock (kept it for a reason ya know! but maybe too late now)

I really like to focus on large/wide leafed Drosera species, and will be growing outdoors for the most part and also under patio cover in California in the bay area.

Serracenia root or seed of any kind, Leaf cuttings or seeds of dews, tall or bushy, annual or perennial, is welcome too, VFTs do well here also.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope to show I am serious about growing and have a passion for all the cool little buggers.

Please if this finds you and you can help out in anyway, reach out, I will be monitoring for responses.

Thanks a ton!

I believe all the seeds of the 25 or so different species I was growing are no longer any good. Years old with no refrigeration, although I am trying to get some going from my old seed stock (kept it for a reason ya know! but maybe too late now)
Hey there!

Don't give up on those old seeds! Plant them, then read these threads:
old Utricularia seeds

How old is too old?

Drosera Seed What is too old ?

Not a CP, but if you want some Pumpkin or Squash seeds, I'll send you some for free! :D

Hi Acro! Yeah I have sprinkled some of many of the types I have into a vessel with peat moss saturated and in a mostly closed zip lock bag sitting outside to help keep heat in and make a more desirable environment for them to germinate in. Nothing yet. It is Winter here though, so maybe it will take a lot longer but its also been about a month now already. Fingers crossed!

I appreciate your offer of the Squash seeds also! Ill keep that in mind!

I still would love any generosity of cuttings, seeds or plantlets that someone may want to send my way of any Purpurea, American pitchers, VFTs and Sundews!

I'm sure there is someone out there and we can work something out :)

Flytrapcare.com has forums with a seed bank. They are all free you just need to register to the forum and be active on it. Longer you are a member the more different/rarer seeds will be eligible for you. You can pick one type and then pick whichever bonus is going for that month. They have a mixed capes pack with like albas, typical narrow leaf, wide leaf and possibly some red capes all in one back. Good to get a quick variety.

Hello! Its been quite a while since I have been here browsing and getting back into the trade of keeping some sundews, pitchers, pings, pines and more. I lost my entire collection due to neglect while pressing through some time demanding and hard times having a New baby and relationship issues. I spent years and so much time on everything from propagating to feeding to adjusting light, water levels, all the CP goodness.

Needless to say I have nothing viable at this time to trade, however this forum has been kind to me in the past so I figured its worth a shot reaching out here to see if anyone has a plethora of seed of any kind to get me going again.

I would absolutely love to get my hands on some Drosera Indica seed or cuttings/plants again. I believe all the seeds of the 25 or so different species I was growing are no longer any good. Years old with no refrigeration, although I am trying to get some going from my old seed stock (kept it for a reason ya know! but maybe too late now)

I really like to focus on large/wide leafed Drosera species, and will be growing outdoors for the most part and also under patio cover in California in the bay area.

Serracenia root or seed of any kind, Leaf cuttings or seeds of dews, tall or bushy, annual or perennial, is welcome too, VFTs do well here also.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope to show I am serious about growing and have a passion for all the cool little buggers.

Please if this finds you and you can help out in anyway, reach out, I will be monitoring for responses.

Thanks a ton!
I have a drosera capensis that just finished flowering i might be able to send you some of those once i collect them..

Hi Gregbey!

I absolutely appriciate your offer and would love to have some fresh seed to get capes started.

Update : Of what I have planted, in about 2 months now, only Utricularia Bisquamata (not a sundew but is a carni underground) has decided its seeds are good and sprouting. But not a thing happening yet for the 5 or more species of drosera I've spread on the medium. We shall see as time goes on.

Please keep spreading the love! I promise to do the same once I get established and producing again :)

Back