What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genetic Experiment

I did a Genetic Experiment with the White Seeded Devil Claws and the Black Seeded Devil Claws here to see which is the dominant color by letting them cross pollinate by planting side by side in the patch here.

One thing winter, the coating of seeds, like that of fruits (apples, pear's, etc.) is normally produced entirely by the producing plant, you would have to wait to see what the seed color of the children's seed would be.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty confident on this.
Kyle

The Black Seeded Devil Claws had white seeds and thanks.

Ooo! Best of luck! Were they black seed Proboscidea? Make sure you isolate the hybrid seed, and once they grow, note the seed color they produce.

I too am conducting a little project/research this season with lots and lots and lots of documentation. I'm not presenting anything until it's fully complete, though. ...very exciting! ;)

Last edited:
Thank you and they were the black seeded Proboscidea. i will do that and good luck on your research.

Back