What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GOOD GOSH! ALREDAY?!

I went to the Miejer gardens with some of you what, one week ago yesterday? Yah, and I got a D. spatulata and a D. adelea. Yah well, my D. spatulata has a bunch of little D. spatulata poping out from under it along the edges of the rossets growth point, but under the old leaves.... It was pulled out of it's soil by the roots and poped into the new pot.... it didn't have any plantlets with it last week o_O did it. I didn't see any and now... they are poping out all over the place. *blink* um, this is normal? I'm halusinating right? Those were not their before, I swear they where not there! *Panic* AHHHHHHH! I have a Sundew that is acting like a weed. I'm not supost to have that. I'm bad with sundews.... or was... >_< This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Do Spats really propigate themselves so excessivly when they grow up?

I have been experiencing the same phenomenon. Ever since I bought A spat last September, it seems to be multiplying. the "clump" seemed to have 10-12 plants in it. I started separating a few out and recounted. Then it looked like ~20 plants, with several "baby" plants mixed in. Now it looks like there are ~30 plants/weeds at various stages of life.

I helped my friend report some D. spatulata last year and took three leaves that fell out back home. Two months later, I had three D. spatulata plants for myself. These plants are fairly easy to propogate from leaves that come detached from a plant.
smile.gif

Back