Happy to be here!

Gadzooks

Supporter
Hello everyone. I am very excited to be able to share in your combined experience growing all types of CPs. I have been slowly working my way from common houseplants, to more obscure plants, to orchids, to CPs. I have about 1.5yrs experience keeping a handful of these types of plants. It started with a N. Truncata, then a few Drosera, then a N. Miranda, a tray of Pinguiculas, and so on. I have had my share of losses as well. I have since set up an intermediate, lowland, and an UHL growing areas. I look forward to years of growing and the satisfaction of nurturing and cultivating some of these fascinating species. I look forward to your advice and feedback so that I can avoid making silly mistakes. After all, the sooner I can start effectively growing a specific plant, the longer I can enjoy the process of getting it to maturity. I'll take a hurt ego over a a dead plant. I look forward to hearing from you guys!

Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of members that can give you a lot of advice. I limit my CP to those that are easy to care for and can take my NJ cold over winter. I do provide some shelter for those that are more tender Sarrs by burying them in a leaf pile over winter. They have to be able to grow outdoors. That leaves a lot of plants out, but its what I need to do. I'll help out if I can, but there are those here that are way more knowledgeable than I am.

Gadzooks

Supporter
Thanks for reaching out. How do the non-tender ones fair? Do you cover them as well? I am entertaining a front yard in-ground bog for sarracenia. It gets a bit chilly here in NE, but I know there are bog orchids and CPs this far north. I have one little s. Purpurea just as a buy-in and sorta waiting till spring to make any real plans. Got any recommendations for starter Sarrs? -or a good bog-build tutorial?

Gadzooks

Supporter
:welcome: Gadzooks. Besides just asking questions there is a wealth of knowledge to be found in the archives. 'Hope you enjoy yourself here!

It is because of the content that I have read from people like yourself that I registered. I noticed that activity in these forums can be "slow growing" I guess I enjoy getting the latest from you veterans. I'll make sure to check out the archives. Appreciate the welcome and look forward to more discussions.