What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamorpha conditions

glider14

Always a newbie
WOW heliamorpha look awesome. i was wondering if these conditions are ok for them...well above 70% humidity full time, night 60-65*, day 75-80*. the species is H.heterodoxa. also about how fast do they grow??(average)
Glider

I am experimenting right now with H. minor x heterodoxa. I have it growing in a temperature range of 65F - 75F and it continues to pitcher. I topdress the pot with live LFS and keep it over a humidity try to help it grow in a dry office environment. I keep a clear plastic cup over it at night increase the humidity and to keep it from drying out. I water it almost everyday (no weekends) and the mix is loose so that it does not get waterlogged.

In general, heliamphora are slow growing plants for me until they are more mature. It may take a month or two for a new pitcher to open and it could take months for them to send out new pitchers.

I think your conditions will be OK assuming that you are able to maintain them with bright light.

Your temperatures and humidity are similar those that I grow my heliamphora in, and I agree with what Dave said. Just make sure they have bright light, give them an airy mix (pure LFS or LFS:eek:rchid bark work well), and don't let them sit in water.

Good luck with them.

Back