What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora: A Few New Leaves . . .

Here are a few shots of some older plants with newer pitchers, a few on the younger side, and some sporting adult leaves (in the case of H. exappendiculata) for the first time.

Heliamphora sp. "Akopan"
HAKPOAN.jpg

H. chimantensis
HCHIMAN-1.jpg

H. exappendiculata
HEXAPP-1.jpg

H. sarracenioides

HSARR-1.jpg

H. ciliata
HCILIATA.jpg

amazing! heli master.

WHOA! those are some great looking plants. plus the photography isnt half bad either =]

i'll be on the look out for sarracenioides divisions on certain websites in the near future. ;)

Oh cool, I'm waiting on an sp. Akopan atm so I'm glad they'll look so gorgeous when they grow up! and the rest of the helis - awesome man!

Oh cool, I'm waiting on an sp. Akopan atm so I'm glad they'll look so gorgeous when they grow up! and the rest of the helis - awesome man!

Thanks all . . .

Heliamphora sp. "Akopan" is definitely becoming a favorite -- not only for its unusual appearance, but also for its vigorous growth. Here is another clone of mine with more slender pitchers.

Heliamphora sp. "Akopan"
AKOPAN2.jpg

Wowee those sure are some nice pitchers! They remind me of heterodoxa...

Are you getting the pseudo-lid on the sarracenioides that I see in some of the "in the wild" pictures, or do they just sort of stand straight up or lean into the pitcher a tiny bit? They're pretty either way, but I really hope they do eventually lid up.

Wowee those sure are some nice pitchers! They remind me of heterodoxa...

Are you getting the pseudo-lid on the sarracenioides that I see in some of the "in the wild" pictures, or do they just sort of stand straight up or lean into the pitcher a tiny bit? They're pretty either way, but I really hope they do eventually lid up.

On a couple of the plants, particularly when the pitchers age, the tip tends to bends a bit towards the mouth. In the photo, the pitcher had just opened, but H. sarracenioides doesn't really have much in the way of a nectar spoon . . .

David - on your H. ciliata on the top of the pitcher in the photo, why does it appear to have webbing and little red dots...?

David - on your H. ciliata on the top of the pitcher in the photo, why does it appear to have webbing and little red dots...?

Some bits of a neighboring flower had dropped junk everywhere and I was too lazy to clean it off . . .

ahhhh ok lol was just making sure
gorgeous helis btw...im jealous ;)

Beautiful plants David,

I think of the new kids on the block, the H. ciliata is my fav..

very well done mate
Butch

Stunners as always BigB. Damn those look good!! :D Lol B.... u gotta be aching to get some of those species as well. ;)

Nice plants. My H. ciliata should be here within a few days; do you notice any particular quirks with this species?

I really want H. sp. "Akopan" after seeing yours! Very nice.

Nice plants. My H. ciliata should be here within a few days; do you notice any particular quirks with this species?

I really want H. sp. "Akopan" after seeing yours! Very nice.

Thanks . . .

No, no quirks and relatively fast growing. Just keep the media "open" . . .

Back