What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heliamphora Pitcher Production

I just recieved a H. heterodoxa with 3 mature pitchers the tallest being 4'' tall. How often does a mature H. heterodoxa produce a mature pitcher?

Chris

I thought Heterodoxa produces very tall pitchers, up to 10 inches
smile_h_32.gif

I dont grow Heliamorpha but i have heard they can take over 6 months to form one. if the pitchers are that tall and mature it might be H. Minor instead of H. Heterodoxa.
alex

Well the majority of the pitchers are juvenile. It has three mature pitchers each one larger than the one before it. My guess is that it is in the early stages of maturity. I have no doubt it is H. heterodoxa. I just recently aquired it along with a H. minor and have little experience in growing Heliamphora. I read that they are slow growing. I'm curious as to how slow growing they are.

Chris

I get one pitcher every month or two from my H. heterodoxa. It's pretty slow compared to my other helis, and I should point out I only have one. Mine started making mature pitchers at 3 inches tall, and each one since is just a bit bigger.

Capslock

Thanks Caplock. That's exactly what I was looking for. I just got mine as a bare root plant. I carefully potted it so hopefully everything will turn out alright.

Chris

Back