What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Everyone!

Vbkid

Getting There...
Hello all. I am new to the froums/growing in general and thought I'd start out by introducing myself.

My name is Kyle and I have a little experience with growing CPs but not much. In highschool I had a small fish tank converted into a terrarium in my basement where I kept some sundews (drosera right?) and flytraps for a year or so and am looking to get back into it.

I have been scouring the forums for the past week or so trying to get a good idea in my head of what I want to do before I go out and buy anything, and any tips are GREATLY appreciated. I am currently a junior in college and finally moved off campus this semester into a house, so I have room on my back porch for something small! I live in Missouri, and we also have a decent sized shed with electricity in our backyard, so I could possibly set it up in there if the terrarium itself could provide enough heat to cancel out the outside temp. I am a big fan of sundews and hope to be able to grow those for sure, with maybe some pitcher plants or flytraps. I'm sure I will be asking plenty of questions in the upcoming weeks about the best setup and things to grow.

And just a little about myself for anyone whos interested. I'm a junior in nuclear engineering, and I play college volleyball which takes up a lot of my free time. I also hang with my teammates whenever possible and have a good time in general.

I look forward to getting to know everyone,
Kyle

Hey! Welcome! You'll enjoy the forum a lot.

Welcome to the forum! There is definitely a ton of information here just waiting to be found, and plenty of knowledgeable people.

Welcome to TF

Hi there, welcome to TF!

Welcome to terraforums.

you`re definately in the right place to further your CP knowledge, i`m sure you`ll find all the info you need to get started, and don`t be afraid to ask questions, people here are more than happy to help!

Back