What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from the desert

Hi all, glad to be here.

My name is Erica and I live in Tucson, AZ. Not the best place to be if you like to grow plants, but hey, I'm only here until I graduate from UArizona. I'm originally from Oregon and can't wait to go back. I'm a plant science major and I work for the University, doing research and working with various hydroponics systems. If you have a question about hydroponics, I most likely have an answer. I've been interested in carnivorous plants since I got a cheap-o butterwort from Home Depot about a year ago, and it's been flourishing and multiplying ever since. I keep terrariums (not well, but I have them), and I've been using carnivorous plants to control the gnat populations inside them with some small amount of success. I'm really interested in learning more about drosera spp., and I hope to learn some interesting things here on the forum and get some growing advice from you guys. I'm on instagram if you want to see pictures of me and my work and plants: www.instagram.com/hydrogirl4189 You can browse that page without an account, so that's nice.
Thanks for reading!

Erica

Hello Erica and welcome to TF! :welcome:

I'm sure you'll be happy to hear that you're not alone keeping CPs in the desert - Andrew (the admin!) runs FlyTrapShop in Tucson! :)

Welcome! I'm sure you'll find that there are some very knowledgeable people here on terraforums if you have questions. Your research looks really interesting!

Welcome to TF!

Welcome to TFs :wave:

Hey erica welcome aboard! :)

Thanks for stopping by Erica, was nice to meet you! I hope I was able to answer some of your questions!
Andrew

Back