What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi Guys!!!

Hows everyone fairing with the weather changing??? I volunteer at ABG usually working in the orchid center and ahd some free time the other day so I wandered around and looked at the back collection of sarrs. well one of the purpureas caught my eye as it was the BIGGEST REDDEST thing on the table immediatley i had to look at the tag purpurea ssp venosa burkii. Ive been doing a lot of research and there seems to be a back in forth about it being S. Rosea. Well anyway im not to worried about names I just love the look of it and how squat the pitchers are. Ive also read a post on here that said their normal venosa gets just as big as the burkii pitchers is that true? If not does anyone know where I might find a burkii syn rosea ??Im the kinda guy that like BIG leaves and flowers so naturally want anything with the largest pitchers I can find haha Already got a leah wilkerson(THANKS BROOKS)!!! ANyway just checking in with thoughts.

hope all is well THANKS,
Cody

Burkii (never gone with the rosea name myself) pitchers tend to have larger, more undulating hoods. A big venosa could reach a similar size to burkii, but in general, burkii's pitchers are larger.

You ask "Where may I find a burkii syn rosea?" I think you already found one!! In fact, ABG has a fantastic Sarracenia collection and some Sarracenia experts! Talk to them!!
I was only at ABG once and loved it. I was lucky enough to be there in the Spring, when the native azaleas were in bloom and the Sarracenia were just waking up. This botanist would love to work or volunteer there. Enjoy!

Thanks guys appreciate your replys and info. Yea I love working there you learn SO much I encourage anyone who has not been PLEASE go!!!

Thanks,
Cody

so whats the deal with all the leucos in the back?

Im not real sure but there is a lot more than just leucos back there!!!!! Im gonna start volunteering with the sarracenia conservation lab soon im excited!!

Back