What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!

I will be getting a vft or 2 shortly,so i want to know any basic things like how much water or sunlight to give them or what food to feed them!!

Thanks,
                Kyle
smilie4.gif

welcome to the forums kyle!
you'll find that there is a wealth of information on carnivorous plants here, with many members having grown them for decades. there is a good venus fly trap care sheet pinned at the top of this forum, but the basics are pure water (distilled, reverse osmosis, or rain water), never let the soil dry out (vft's are bog plants, so they can handle moist soil), and give them lots of light.
i grow most of my sarracenia and vft's outside in full sun (14 hours in the summer), and they love it! keep in mind that i'm in ohio and that, if your in the south, your sunlight is a bit stronger.

enjoy!
technoracer

Yep VFT are very fun to have
smile_m_32.gif
 and fun to feed. The big thing is dormancey couse most instuctins dont talk about it. My new VFT is going dorment. I don't mind itll wack up in the spring. I stick it in the frige. To sute its natrul needs.

have fun Acflyer123

Hmph....there can be only one....

REVENGE!,
Kyle

[b said:
Quote[/b] (acflyer123 @ Oct. 09 2004,11:57)]Yep VFT are very fun to have
smile_m_32.gif
 and fun to feed. The big thing is dormancey couse most instuctins dont talk about it. My new VFT is going dorment. I don't mind itll wack up in the spring. I stick it in the frige. To sute its natrul needs.

have fun Acflyer123
I read that you can't place them in the refregerator because they don't get the light they need.

Back