What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here, Be Dragons!

wow that one looks like it must have taken ages to shade!

Are all these inspired by HTTYD?

Not all are directly HTTYD-inspired, but they are used for a related purpose...and actually, most of the sketches that I've posted only take around an hour, maybe 2. In the future I'll be posting "redoes" and newer attempts that have taken 3 or 4 hours or so....

I've mentioned before that I like to save best for last, and the guy in this post will be seen several more times for that reason. But, this sketch was done a couple of years ago, mostly free-hand, so I will post it now as a lead-up.
Toothless3 by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

hcarlton, loving the drawings. Have you ever played the phone game puzzle and dragons? Its like a cross of pokemon and candy crush with a lot more complex game play than candy crush. Its a great time waster and the artwork is generally beautiful!

IDK if you do requests, but.....Draw a charmander ! I always thought that was a very cute "dragon"

AnIsleAteHer: I don't generally play computer/video games etc, so no.
Flip_Side: Might want to read through the thread again....

This is another one done a couple years ago...
Typhoomerang by Hawken Carlton, on Flickr

This is my pet Dragon. He's about 125 years old and still looking pretty good for his age. He sits quietly on the wall keeping guard.

22180332723_bf46ba9dd5_o.jpg

just thought you may like to see him

This is my pet Dragon. He's about 125 years old and still looking pretty good for his age. He sits quietly on the wall keeping guard.

22180332723_bf46ba9dd5_o.jpg

just thought you may like to see him

And I thought you just took pictures of beautiful plants......Ho Lee Fook! Ho, where are you,? You need to see this!

Back