What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey people

well its quite funny how i got intreste din the vly traps, i was takign my PSAT this mornign and one of the passages that we had to ready was about the fly taps, and sundenly i remembered how many flies we have at our home ( i dunno but these flies appeared outta nowhere) so i thought i might get a venus fly trap and try it out. im gonna care for it inside an din san diego its colda t night and early mornign but hot durign mid day or so, and its gonn abe in a terririum, also where do i find rain water, or distilled water?

Hi Urban and welcome to the forums! Make sure you the plant lotsa light. Distilled water can be purchased by the gallon at your local grocery store, for about 60 cents. However, your climate is great for keeping it outside all year round, which would be better for the plant.

Yeah, put it outside in full sun and it will grow like crazy in San Diego!!!

Capslock

ok, but we just moved and ourt outside garden is like dirt right now so i cant really plant it there now, but i will move it out there once the back i sall finished.

is there anyway i can just keep the plant in the terririum and put it outside for like a certain amt of hours each day? right now atleast

well, i just ordered the small moderate humidity terririum kit from this website,:laugh:
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (urban @ Oct. 13 2005,7:27)]ok, but we just moved and our outside garden is like dirt right now so i cant really plant it there now, but i will move it out there once the back i sall finished.
Just as well you don't plant it there at any time. Regular garden soil would kill your VFT. Keep it in a pot of sphagnum peat based potting mix or most any other nutrient poor potting medium.

The terrarium will work fine. I would not cover the opening on top, though. Leaving it open will help keep the air inside from getting stagnant which could cause fungus problems.

wait what, if i leave the top open it will cause fungus?

What he meant is if you keep it closed then it would cause fungus growth. Also, you could just keep it in a pot of peat moss/perlite or sand on a sunny patio. If you are using it for fly control it wont work very well. You'll have to have a lot. Like 10-15 to even start fly control.

oh ok so i juts leave the top open, and i was thinkign of the fly control thign at first, but then most of them died already.

how logn does it take for the plant to be delivered from this site?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]where do i find rain water

lol Ummm...in the clouds??
smile_l_32.gif
Rain water is FREE water. Just set some clean buckets outside before a good rain. You can use a funnel and then pour it into jugs for storage.

Urban...this site sells good healthy plants. But if you have a question about purchases, that is best done in the Company Forum or you can email Phil Crane, the owner, at pcrane@petflytrap.com.
smile.gif

Back